Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed
below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below.
If you would like to cancel the registration, click here
to return to the forums index.
SCI Rules, Conduct and Policies
Registration to this forum is free to Private Members, no Commercial posts unless an Advertiser in good standing. The purpose of this web site is to promote the hobby of Slot Car/Model Car Racing. Slot Car Illustrated and Scaleracing LLC provide a message board for private individuals of all ages to use as a gathering place to exchange ideas and information about the hobby that we all enjoy. With public access to this message board there will be many different ideas and points of view expressed by individuals who all think, and act differently. We at Slot Car Illustrated and Scaleracing LLC would like to ask that the participants of this site treat others in the manner they would like to be treated. Where views run contrary to your own, we ask that people are tolerant rather than intolerant.
Slot Car Illustrated and Scaleracing LLC are more than happy to provide this service with the intention that it brings enthusiasts around the world together to promote interest and friendship among people that share an interest in this hobby. We ask that everyone, who participates, does so in manner that we all can continue to enjoy this site. We take the "Be Polite" rule very seriously! Rudeness or personal attacks directed against other members of this forum will not be tolerated. We ask that the members of SCI do not search through these rules and policies looking for loopholes or for something that may have been overlooked. We ask that you take on the spirit of these rules and policies and act appropriately. The rules outlined hereafter do not apply to the forum alone. But, to the Private Message (PM) e-mail system and gallery as well.
General Forum Rules and Conduct
You may not under any circumstances do any of the following: Publish, post, distribute or disseminate material or information, which is defamatory, obscene, infringing of any intellectual property rights or otherwise unlawful. Use this web site to threaten, harass, abuse or otherwise violate the legal rights of others including rights to privacy. You may not utilize this web site in such a manner that it adversely affects the availability of its resources to others.
- You must submit your first and last names as well as your location; City, State, and Country. This information will only be available to the Administration. If you fail to do so or provide known false information your account may be terminated without notification.
- You are obligated to maintain a current email address with SlotCarIllustrated.com or your account may be suspended without notice.
- You are allowed to register only one account. Multiple accounts will be removed or merged at the discretion of the Administration.
- Please limit posts to the English language. This includes the post content, titles, as well as any attachments.
- Members may not post, send private messages or e-mails to another member on the behalf of a banned member.
- The use of foul language (in any language is prohibited.
- Posting, private messaging, or e-mailing SPAM is not allowed. Typically, SPAM is a post that promotes cell phone deals, financial schemes or other subject matter that is not the focus of this web site. Any post deemed SPAM will be removed and the user's account may be disabled without warning. The forum Administration will have the final say in determining what qualifies as SPAM.
- Any posts that encourage illegal activity or intent will be removed and the account will be terminated.
- The discussion of and or linking to Warez, Cracks, Torrent sites, etc. is prohibited.
- Please do not "cross post". Cross posting refers to posting duplicate threads or posts in two or more places of the forum.
- Threads or posts for the purpose of discussing a lifestyle, religious, political issue(s), sexual preference, or bashing another member are strictly prohibited.
- Any posts linking to or promoting a web site similar in nature to SlotCarIllustrated.com or a web site in direct competition with SlotCarIllustrated.com are prohibited and will be removed. A special note to web site owners/administrators: any attempt to use SlotCarIllustrated.com to direct members to your site is strictly prohibited (this is also refereed to as "Poaching"), unless permission is otherwise granted by the forum Administration.
- Please do not post Links to non-advertising stores. These links will be deleted.
- Non Advertisers may not use any portion of their Profile to promote their web site or business.
- Posting an individual's personal information, such as phone number, address, etc., without their permission is prohibited.
- It is never permissible to publish Private Messages or e-mails without written permission of all those mentioned. Anyone posting PM's or personal e-mails may be banned.
- Images containing nudity, violence or hatred are prohibited. The Administration and Moderators reserve the right to remove images deemed inappropriate at any time and without prior notice.
- Flame baiting is not allowed. Flame baiting is the posting of a topic with the intention of triggering a large argument (flame war).
- "Trashing" or "trolling" another user's advertisement thread is prohibited. The "Buy/Sell/Trade" and "Swap Shop" Forums are not a place to criticize or pass comment on another user's sale or trade thread. Comments such as "You can get those for less at...", or "Your asking way too much for that...", etc. will be removed and you may be reprimanded.
- Any attempts to defraud or deceive our members may result in your account being terminated.
- For sale/trade threads are to be posted in the "Buy/Sell/Trade" and "Swap Shop" forums only. Posts started elsewhere will be removed.
- No eBay sales or links to eBay sales are allowed.
- These rules are not for public discussion. If you have a question or comment please use this form to contact the Administration. Posts or threads debating these rules and/or Moderators' enforcement of such may be removed without comment or notice.
We do not support the use of links on SCI. Please do not post a link to something that you or another person has written elsewhere. If you are the original author or have permission from the original author then please post the content here. It only takes a few moments to copy and paste a post. If you do not have permission, please do not post content or images from other web sites, this is copyright infringement. We do strive to build an exchange of information with any like minded web site covering Slot Car Racing on the internet as well as any Magazines or Print articles whose publishers wish to share their content with the readers of SCI. We will always give credit for any content, articles or images when supplied by another web site or printed publication. If you have a question or would like to see something on SCI, please contact us through this form.
Some seem to take it upon themselves to bash certain brands of cars or track over others. This, in my opinion, is the single most detrimental activity this hobby has seen in recent years. Newcomers see this infighting and shy away, thinking that nothing they buy will be either good enough, or accepted by others. This board was created to get away from this sort of thing, and I WILL NOT allow it. Discussions as to what we like or dislike is one thing, all out bashing another. Just because you like or dislike something does not mean that anyone else does or should feel the same way.
Photo Gallery and Attachments
- You must have at least 25 posts to have a gallery on Slot Car Illustrated.
- Political, religious, pornographic, lewd, violent, hate images, etc. are prohibited and your account will be suspended without warning.
- Any material deemed inappropriate, may be removed without notice.
- Copyrighted images/photos should not be added to any memberís gallery, unless a written release is granted by the owner of the photo.
- On occasion SCI may like to use some images housed in a public folders for the promotion of Slot Car Illustrated.com and the general hobby of slot cars. An administrator will ask for permission to do so prior to publishing any images.
- All images hosted in the gallery will carry the "Hosted by Slot Car Illustrated" watermark.
Only current advertisers may use signatures. This signature is limited to a single 468x60 pixel banner which may be linked to the advertiserís website.
On registering, members are asked for a username to identify themselves to others in the community when they post. This may be your actual name or a pseudonym that you may choose. But, it should not contain profanity or be a derivative of a business name or otherwise in violation of out Rules and Policies. Any username deemed inappropriate by the Administration may be removed and/or changed.
Avatars and Profile Pictures
- Must be 100 pixels by 100 pixels or less.
- Political, religious, nudity, profanity, pornography, images of hate, violence, etc. are prohibited.
- Avatars and/or Profile Pictures that promote a competitive web site, non-advertiser manufacturer or store are prohibited.
- SCI advertisers may use their store or manufacturers logo as an Avatar and/or Profile Picture.
- SCI reserves the right to change and/or remove your Avatar and/or Profile Picture at any time, for noncompliance of the above.
Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or company other than the yourself should not be posted in the forum or image galleries without the consent of the owner. If such an event occurs, the person posting the information or image(s) shall be held solely responsible. Slot Car Illustrated shall not be held responsible for member-posted information or images that may violate copyright law.
It is not legal to post entire articles or news in the forum without permission from the copyright holder. Even if you cite the article correctly this still falls under copyright infringement. Under Fair Use provisions you may legally post a small abstract of an article. So, if you want to post an article you should do this and include a link, or just post the link. Exceptions to this rule are press releases; press releases are intended for distribution and can be freely copied and distributed. If you are not sure if you can copy something then always err on the side of caution and contact the forum Administration or post a link to the article or image. Please be aware of our policy regarding Links as described earlier.
Note to Copyright owners. If you are the owner of copyright material or intellectual property and you feel that you property or rights are being infringed upon. Please contact the SCI Administration using this form. Please include the location of the infringement with the URL of the page, the author's name (screen name if actual name is unknown to you) and any information that you feel is pertinent to your plea. An Administrator will contact you to discuss the matter and what actions may be taken.
Although Moderators are held to a higher standard than the rest of the forum membership, they are entitled to their personal opinions and are not restricted from participating in debate or forum discussion. They are not required to remain neutral in discussions. Just as any member, Moderators are required to abide by these Rules and Policies. Any attempt by a member to use the "Moderator Card" to try to restrict an Moderator's right to free speech is prohibited. At the same time, any attempt by a Moderator to use his or her Moderator status in an abusive manner is prohibited.
If an issue arises between you and a Moderator, another member, or if you have a concern about SCI's policies, take it up in a PM or e-mail. You can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will work with you on a resolution.
To this, any abuse public or private towards an Administrator or Moderator may result in the immediate suspension of one's account.
Board Policy Enforcement
The Rules and Policies are enforced using a "three strikes method". Members found to be in violation of our Rules and Policies will be handled by the process outlined below.
- First warning will be sent via Private Message notifying the member of the violation.
- Second warning will be sent if the violation has not been corrected OR the member continues in the same manner.
- A third violation will result in a ban from the forum with the of length time being determined by the Administration.
Exceptions may occur and the Administration reserves the right to override these policies and take immediate action.
- Slot Car Illustrated does not share, distribute, or sell any of your personal information. The only exception to this is if Slot Car Illustrated is subpoenaed by a court of law to divulge such information.
- SlotCarIllustrated.com.'s software places "cookies" on your computer. These cookies maintain information about your account preferences for your use and benefit.
- Tracking software on Slot Car Illustrated's server collects data about your software uses (ie. browser type) and hardware devices (download speeds, screen resolution, etc.) This statistical information is gathered for the sole use of SCI. SCI uses this data to provide a more satisfying user experience.
- Access to your personal information in limited on a hierarchal basis to the staff of SCI and it's developers. We believe that the information is fairly limited in order for the staff and developers to perform their particular job functions.
You will remain at all times fully and legally responsible for all your comments and inputs to the message board.
You shall indemnify and hold Slot Car Illustrated, Scaleracing LLC, its servants and agents harmless against any and all loss, damage, expense or claims that they may suffer or incur in connection with any failure by you to comply with your obligations as described in these Rules and Policies.
Neither Slot Car Illustrated nor Scaleracing LLC, can be held responsibility for any content which individual users have posted, linked to or uploaded onto this web site, or for any action taken as a result of information made available via this web site. STATEMENTS OF OPINION OR ADVICE PROVIDED ON OR BY MEANS OF THIS WEB SITE OR STATEMENTS MADE IN THE FORUM REFLECT ONLY THE VIEW OF THEIR AUTHORS.
All users are hereby notified that any content which is deemed to be objectionable or in violation of any law or regulation may be deleted from this web site without prior notice.