Fly Model Car
BRM Model Cars
NINCO
MRC
AFX
Slot.it
Slot Car Illustrated Forum

Go Back   Slot Car Illustrated Forum > Scale Racing > Digital

View Poll Results: Ninco need to extend and expand more "Add-ons" kits?
Yeah Ninco it's high time you start extending and expanding your "Add-ons kits" to your SLOT range! 28 60.87%
No it's fine, anyway SLOT CARS are dying ONWARD with RC cars. 1 2.17%
Ninco already has a very extended "Add-ons kits" and I am satisfy with their 'extended' range. 3 6.52%
It doesn't matter. I have already switched to SCX, Scalextric or Carrera. 15 32.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2011, 09:44 AM
Novice Racer

Default Ninco needs to extend and expand more add-ons

Dear fellow slot car hobbyists,
Greetings and well wishes to all, I am starting this thread in the hope of petitioning and rallying Ninco to produce more SLOT CAR products for all the hobbyists here and elsewhere. I hope to rally enough supports and voices from this community to urge Ninco's development team to produce more accessories and game plays for Ninco's fan.
By comparison, we (the owners of Ninco's SLOT CAR products) have the least inventories (tracks, game plays, accessories & etc - for good will mentioning, yeah we do have a good selection of cars) compared to the other brands (SCX, Scalextric & Carrera). Especially since the dawn of The Digital Slot Era, we are still limited to those few change tracks and layouts. By far, the other brands have and are still introducing many more fun plays and items to their already extended libraries of inventories.
For example, both SCX and Scalextric have Left and Right Lead-In / Lead-Out tracks (or Right and Left Pit Stop Lane in Scalextric) which give the owners / players the option and creativity to create 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 lanes systems within their layouts while we are subjected only to 2 only,4 only, 6 only or 8 only lanes systems. With SCX and Scalextric's specialized tracks (see below listings), you are able to incorporate within your circuit layout a 1 track 1 or 2 lanes setup (SCX Grand Chicane) or 2 tracks 3/4 lanes system and so on. All within one circuit instead of just building off a complete 2 tracks 4 lanes system (or 3 tracks 6 lanes or 4 tracks 8 lanes) limited by Ninco's Multi-Lane system.
-
See information on
SCALEXTRIC C7014 - LEFT HAND DIGITAL PIT LANE TRACK AND BORDERS
SCALEXTRIC C7015 - RIGHT HAND DIGITAL PIT LANE TRACK AND BORDERS
SCX 20160 - DIGITAL LEFT SIDE ACCESS TRACK
SCX 20150 - DIGITAL RIGHT SIDE ACCESS TRACK
SCX 25130 - Digital System Grand Chicane
Example of REAL Multi-Lanes system and REAL family fun
[url]
I am sure there are many devoted Ninco's diehard fans and OEM developers out there trying to do their bids and pieces to keep other Ninco's fans worldwide 'entertained and contented' with their own development and products. I would like to highlight and thank the 3rd party developer of 'Ninco' Ghost Car Module for simply making our indulgence in Ninco's Slot Racing more fun and enjoyable.
Like MANY of you out there, I have spend considerable amount of MONEY and TIME extending and playing my Ninco Slot Racing System. And like MOST of you (I try to refrain from using ALL of us), I do feel a sense of jealousy and envy when some new wonderful add-ons for their systems from other SLOT CAR Brands are announced. Every times when I am aware of such new products from "the other sides", it's a habit for me to quickly log on into Ninco's website with high hopes that they too have created something new for us. But with higher hopes.. comes deeper disappointments. It has more or less became a "habitual failure" to me in the hopes of Ninco extending their product ranges.
I am fully aware that Ninco is constantly releasing new cars and organizing races and events to promote Slot Car Racing and their brand products. But sadly, I think they could have do more for existing owners of Ninco Slot Car Systems by extending the range of their SLOT products.
There have been discussions on forums about modifying and adapting several ready Ninco's tracks to create a combination of wide and narrow tracks circuits but to no avail. One of the discussion is to use 2 Ninco's Pit Stop Lane to create an entrance and exit track from 1 track 2 lanes to 2 tracks 4 lanes by using the change lane function in the Pit Stop Lane kits as 'split' lanes from 2 to 4 (It can be done with modifications - http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...ad.php?t=12252). I believe from forums to forums, we have owners asking for advices on modifications and advices on more creative Ninco's circuit layouts and possible extensions to existing Ninco's system. But so far, 'luck' is really not on our side.
SCX and Scalextric has produced many add-ons to their Digital Systems making their kits more complete and fun. Being a competitive and competence 'BIG BRAND SLOT CAR MAKERS' like the other well known makers / brands, Ninco has definitely kept too conservative about releasing more 'hop ups' and 'add ons'. Meanwhile all these limitation left us (the owner of an otherwise GREAT product) high and dry.
I am not going to go into listing all the other wonderful add-ons other brand owners are enjoying because I am sure most of you have seen them (and felt deprived). I hope that via this thread, we can raise enough supports and voice to get Ninco back into their drawing board and think tank to create and produce more fun extensions to their existing kits.
Ninco has extended their product range to RC (Remote Control) which by all means, it's a good sign that the company is growing. I hope that it's not a sign that SLOT CARS are a product of 1912 and it's era is ending since it's already a century old and it's high time to move on to RC (please do not be offended as I am too a diehard RC fan owning many branded and established RC Pro Kits from on road tour cars to off road monster trucks and helicopters). But SLOT CAR RACING itself is not just an entertainment, it's also a heritage from the past. I am sure most of you understand why.
To any Ninco's officials who happen to read this thread, please don't be offended but do take this as a supportive rally to urge Ninco on (I at the least wish not to be sued for starting this thread about a hobby that I treasure, enjoy, spend so much time and money on it). Everyone else, please support by posting Quotes and Replies in this thread.
Cheers and thanks in advance.
Mike

Last edited by Scaleracing; 06-01-2011 at 07:11 AM.