Carrera Slot Cars
Fly Model Car
BRM Model Cars
NINCO
MRC
AFX
Slot.it
Slot Car Illustrated Forum

Go Back   Slot Car Illustrated Forum > SCI Race and Events > Race Events and Proxy Racing > SLOP

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2012, 11:01 AM
Top Qualifier
View HarVWallbanger's Photo Album

Default Magic SLOP track speed will it be reached in SLOP II???

The "Magic" 6 feet per second lap speeds.... will any car run it at this seasons SLOP II event?

I'm a sucker for speed and calculations..., yes I know I can't figure out how to use Excel HA!

... So from last years SLOP Racing... It seems the fastest speeds turned were on my track and my car with a 24K motor at 6.92 feet per second.... David's track was the second fastest track as far as times with a 5.56 feet per second on flat latex with my car and this seems to me a real time/ speed for this years SLOP II racing.....

I do not think this year a speed such as my track turned last year will be possible.... I used polyurethane clear coat on my track and it had over 3000 laps on it! With the temp/ humidity problems I had with it last year that this surface posed, I decided not to use it and go with flat latex from now on.

I used NSR rubber last year but this year Ranch Design wheels and their urethane rubber is whats on Craig's and mine cars. I wanted to try out Luf's tires but I guess he does not have rubber for these tiny wheels yet.

Ronan's track with Craig's car with the body on is at 5.858' per second right now. Temp/ humidity does affect latex as well but not as much .... Will any car run a 6' per second speed in SLOP II??? It will be close and the track will have to be rubbered in real well to do it. Right now Ronan's track has over 2000 laps on it and I have wore out a set of urethane tires to do that!

If somebody builds a super speedway SLOP track with long punched areas or straights and gets it rubbered in I think somebody will run well past that "Magic" 6 feet per second this year!

So in a nut shell.... Speed is what any form of racing is and SLOP is no different.

Let'z race!

Last edited by HarVWallbanger; 05-21-2012 at 11:07 AM.