MRC
AFX
Slot.it
Slot Car Illustrated Forum
Old 08-11-2016, 12:24 AM
SCI Administrator
View Scaleracing's Photo Album

Default Did all of that from my phone

I am not a computer guy, took over SCI in 2003 and have tried to keep SCI online and growing.

Must admit it really bothers me that people dump on me and this Site when I charge nothing for it. I finance everything from my pocket and a few advertisers who actually pay to help.
Have asked many times for help from the Community and got nothing.

So SCI is what you all make it.

I will continue on trying to grow this Hobby and SCI maybe one day someone with some Computer software knowledge will offer to help. Till then I will carry on best I can.

If you want help posting inages call me if I can do it from a phone it cannot be that hard can it?

1-253-255-1807
Old 08-11-2016, 12:28 AM
SCI Administrator

Default Testing

Testing 123

Last edited by Scaleracing; 08-11-2016 at 12:33 AM.
Old 08-11-2016, 12:48 AM
SCI Administrator

Default I am well aware the SCI Site is not perfect but.

While I agree the SCI Site needs work, unless you know of someone that can help why not ask how to make this work.
After reading all your posts I believe I know what is going wrong.
As the images are large when you are loading them try only adding two from your Gallery to a post. This should prevent you seeing the token error issue caused when too large of a file is being loaded on SCI image hosting.

Call anytime if you want help.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:16 AM
Club Racer
View KJProX's Photo Album

Seriously guys, ripping on SCI because you think it's difficult?

I'm on dozens of forums from slot cars to real cars to guitars and this forum is not any more difficult than any of them. They all have there little differences but all work basically the same. As far as pic posting; do yourself a favor and don't count on the forum boards to upload your pics directly to from you computer. Use a hosting website, I use Photobucket, there are others and they're free. Once you've uploaded your photo's to there site and it doesn't matter what size they are, you just copy the direct link or Image link and paste it into your post here and you get a nice size clear pic.

This board is great and Alan is doing a great service for free for all of us keeping it going.

Thanks Alan.
Old 08-11-2016, 03:29 PM
National Racer
View Big Bill's Photo Album

Whoa there Alan, in my little rant I stated that this site is my favorite of any I visit. I know you run a very nice track/ internet business and thank you for that I am sure it is a lot of work more than I would be able to handle. Sorry if I offended you but I do have a lot of difficultly trying to post photos and posts sometimes. And KJProX I don't think I was ripping on SCI, Thanks for you input.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:50 PM
SCI Administrator

Default To Big Bill

I am not mad at you, or anyone actually ( well maybe the hackers and Spammers )

One reason I get defensive is I allow all to read SCI for free unlike a lot of Forums where you have to have an account to even read the forum. So many read these posts and get a negative view of SCI before they even get involved.

The Site Software does need updating but I do not have the finances right now, and more important I need help to upgrade and fine tune this living thing that is SCI.

I wish I did know more, and that I could make it easy to join yet prevent those out for no good.

Regarding posting images it really is easy, and this has been discussed many times.

Regarding logging in I do not have many issues, amazing on my Android phone I can log in easy, some of the Store PC's fight me a little but only asking me to re enter my password.
Also seriously call me and I will try to help, many times it is way quicker to work through a situation live. Plus I really do not have a lot of time to type back and forth.

Now back to the Store, call if you have a problem with SCI and cannot solve it. Maybe I can help, you will not be bothering me.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:30 PM
Club Racer
View KJProX's Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill View Post
Whoa there Alan, in my little rant I stated that this site is my favorite of any I visit. I know you run a very nice track/ internet business and thank you for that I am sure it is a lot of work more than I would be able to handle. Sorry if I offended you but I do have a lot of difficultly trying to post photos and posts sometimes. And KJProX I don't think I was ripping on SCI, Thanks for you input.
Sorry wasn't directly pointing at you and sorry the internet doesn't convey tone or inflection in voice. No worries all good. Like I said the free photo hosting sites are much easier to use to post pics in any forum.

If you want to use a frustrating forum that really is from the 90's, you should see one of the Cub Cadet tractor forums. It's not organized by topic but by time posted and flips to a new page every 24 hours or so, if you want to follow something you have to look through everyone else's posts also sometimes for days to find a response to yours.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:27 AM
National Racer
View Hundo's Photo Album

I tell you , people sure are sensitive to everything. Remember the movie with "Jack Nicklesen, A few Good Men" The great line, "You can't handle the truth".

It's an old forum, it is what it is, it's like comparing a smartphone, iphone6 to the oringinal one back in 2007.

It's been so long since I've tried to post a pic and if I remember right you have to have it at under 100mb?

Anyway, Bill, I won't be at sidewinder until the first week in September probably. Billy's got new rules starting in September and I'm going to be building/modifying cars to accomadte.

See you in September hopefully Bill
Old 08-17-2016, 11:25 AM
Championship Contender
View Impulse-ive's Photo Album

I personally like the way you attache pictures. Most sites now-a-days want a web hosted picture. its so easy to upload and choose from your uploaded pictures what you want to post. i personnally hope it stays this easy.
Old 08-17-2016, 12:19 PM
National Racer
View Hundo's Photo Album

The pic has to be under 100kb. I just tried and yes, 100kb. You need to resize pics in order to post

Last edited by Hundo; 08-17-2016 at 12:22 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:32 AM
Championship Contender
View Alcopa's Photo Album

Default Back to Topic

Hey- If we're going to get on a picture/site rant --please do the rest of us a favor and move it to another topic, OK?
Old 08-27-2016, 07:05 AM
National Racer
View glen's Photo Album

Proposed track in the process of being built.
Going to be on a 16x6 Table
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0024.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	45076  
Old 08-27-2016, 04:55 PM
National Racer
View keechracer's Photo Album

Default New track

Looks like Carrera track. Nice. ~Ron
Old 08-28-2016, 05:06 AM
National Racer
View Big Bill's Photo Album

Looks great Glen. I kind of wish I had gone with Carrera myself, it seems to me that the borders/aprons are built into the track pieces.
Old 08-28-2016, 06:14 AM
National Racer
View glen's Photo Album

Actually it is Artin track, not Carrera.. Friend gave me 2 complete 4 lane figure 8 sets a few years back, I am going to use it until I can either buy or built a 3 lane routed track.

In the process of building the tabletop base for it now. I hope to have it done by end of September. I only have weekends to build.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SCI 3.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	45078