MRC
AFX
Slot.it
Slot Car Illustrated Forum
Old 05-07-2018, 12:44 PM
International Racer
View k0z0oo1's Photo Album

Default 2018 Race #1 - No-Way... Speedway

Race 1 is scheduled for Thursday May 10th, around 7:00pm eastern. I will post some information about the cars when I get a chance. We are still awaiting a set of cars to arrive, but I'm told they will be here tomorrow.

No-Way... Speedway is owned by bwatkins37, and has been on the schedule for the past 3 years. The surface is a malimine laminated MDF with tinned copper braid . Track runs at 10 volts, and typically is more suited to the COY class over the COT class with the more powerful motors.

Old 05-07-2018, 05:41 PM
International Racer
View GTOking's Photo Album

Yippee! I would buy a ticket
Old 05-07-2018, 05:58 PM
Championship Contender
View arroldn's Photo Album

The hauler arrived today at 5:17 pm. Ahead of schedule. Let's go racing.

Arrold
Old 05-07-2018, 08:41 PM
International Racer
View aloha's Photo Album

Exciting to see this unfolding...hopefully all cars complied with the rules and we are ready for some left turns...good luck to all! Now let's get the party started.

Aloha
Dale
Old 05-08-2018, 06:54 PM
International Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloha View Post
Exciting to see this unfolding...hopefully all cars complied with the rules and we are ready for some left turns...good luck to all! Now let's get the party started.

Aloha
Dale
All cars comply with the rules. I will try to post the field tomorrow evening if I can.
Old 05-08-2018, 07:56 PM
International Racer
View aloha's Photo Album

Good to hear was not sure if my little drivers had enough poi and kalua pig to meet the minimum weight limit.
This should be interesting as I told my two little drivers that they are going to have to build up their left biceps and learn how to turn right they looked at me like I was and I told them to get with the show and I will do for them!!!
I know just a little levity before the fun and craziness starts...I will be happy with a respectable finish in this new mix.
Have fun all!
Aloha
Dale
Old 05-10-2018, 05:42 AM
International Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloha View Post
Good to hear was not sure if my little drivers had enough poi and kalua pig to meet the minimum weight limit.
This should be interesting as I told my two little drivers that they are going to have to build up their left biceps and learn how to turn right they looked at me like I was and I told them to get with the show and I will do for them!!!
I know just a little levity before the fun and craziness starts...I will be happy with a respectable finish in this new mix.
Have fun all!
Aloha
Dale
The cars have all gone through a shakedown on my 3 lane MDF road course. It runs clockwise, and is mostly right turns... and I will say everyone's cars run well. over the 80' lap length through the entire field of COT and COY all cars were in the 8 second bracket. It looks like the addition of the road races will play out as interesting.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:28 AM
National Racer
View Mitch58's Photo Album

I'm not looking for first this year, but it would be nice to not be last a couple of times. Have fun guys.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:52 AM
National Racer
View forzacavallino's Photo Album

"Boogity, boogity, boogity, let's go racing boys and girls!"
Old 05-10-2018, 03:32 PM
National Racer
View GAS41T's Photo Album

Well that puts a smile on my dial.....
Must be close if the whole field are sub 8sec’s...
Hopefully I represent the Edwards car as I’m a Edwards!!!

Rossko
Old 05-11-2018, 07:19 AM
International Racer

Default Results

So first off, let me say a few things. If not for the support of the guys in the SlotCars NEPA club, I would not be able to host these races. We are very lucky to have a regularly active group that does not mind showing up to play with everyone else's cars. Thanks to Bill W, Clem, Dean, Tony, and Bill Z for driving, marshaling, and hosting last night. Also, Thanks to everyone that prepared cars and sent them in. This is the best overall class I have seen since I have been active in DFCP in 2014.

This year was a little different, as I qualified the cars myself but did not race at all. Only 2 cars of major note that just didn't handle well and that was the COY 17 and COY 5. These cars were entered by rookies, and i think weight placement is just too far towards the rear making the cars very tail happy.

Here's the qualifying results

As for the races... we had some technical issues early on due to the host computer breaking down at the last race night. We use Race Coordinator on all our tracks for RMS, and a combination of TrackMate and Arduino for hardware. The hardware all worked properly, but I had a few settings not quite right, but we figured it out.

Once again, we set the cars up in a slow-fast-slow order so they will always race cars of similar speed/handling characteristics. Overall, other than a few isolates issues with a car just not liking a specific section of the red lane the races went very smooth. At this point all i can say is WOW!!! I'll let the race results speak for themselves.

Here's the podium pics

Race 2 will be at Daleville Speedway, a 4 lane Carrera D Oval "dirt track" with a squeeze off of turn 2. Looking at May 24th, but will confirm later.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:14 AM
International Racer
View aloha's Photo Album

Great to see the first race in the books. Thank you to the host and thoughs who pulled a trigger, marshaled a car and took the video. Congrats to the podium finishers with a special shout out to those in the Pacific Ocean Rossko and Lance for good runs. It is fun to see how the cars ran and I apologize that the #0 car is a ghost �� of the car that the others are. Oh well hopefully it will work better on other courses and if it doesn’t it can appropriately be put in Slot car grave yard.
Enjoy...!
Aloha
Dale
Old 05-11-2018, 10:47 AM
Championship Contender
View arroldn's Photo Album

Am I getting old and irrelevant like my idol the King?????? Or is everyone just that much better? Congratulations to all the winners, podium finishers, host and drivers.

Where's that dadgum Crew Chief? Only 1 car in the top ten. He's got some splaining to do!!!!!!!

Looking good Dale. 2 cars on the podium.

Arrold
Old 05-11-2018, 11:44 AM
National Racer
View forzacavallino's Photo Album

Thanks for running the first race of the year. Congratulation to the podium runners. Both winners are leading their class in the Hall of Fame list now.
Looking forward to the next race. It is again a huge fun as every year.
Arrold come on we have to battle this year as allways.
Gary
Old 05-11-2018, 12:27 PM
International Racer
View GTOking's Photo Album

Default Close racing...

Man, talk about close racing for the wins and throughout the field of both classes! Thanks to the host, the drivers and Scott for giving us good video and super results to analyze. Great show! The DaVols Forum Cup continues to be one of the top slot car proxies on SCI. Great to be involved!