MRC
AFX
Slot.it
Slot Car Illustrated Forum
Old 04-30-2017, 08:37 AM
National Racer
View rvec's Photo Album

Default 12 hours of Tacoma

I just read about the 12 Hrs of Tacoma to be held at the Scale Racing Center The only information I have is the following

Scaleracing 12 hours of Tacoma featuring Scaleauto GT2/3 cars on Saturday July 15th 2017
This race will be run with hand out SC-0026 motors. Tires will be SC-2521.
Tires must be clearly identifiable as that tire prior to starting the race. All cars will run by the Scaleracing Scaleauto Rules.
Entry for the 12 Hour Event Saturday includes racing Friday night and Sunday.
We will race 1:32 scale Scaleauto GT2/3 cars as a class. Also Scaleracing LMP Open 1:32.
Plus a BRM Trans Am sprint race.

Any other information available? Is the 12 hr race for Scaleauto 1/24 or 1/32 cars? Have any teams signed up? I may be interested in joining a team or just coming up to write an article about the event. What is the schedule of events? Is the car part of the $150 entry fee? I assume that the entry fee is for the team? How many drivers per team? Any more specific rules?

Last edited by Scaleracing; 05-08-2017 at 02:01 PM.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:42 PM
Championship Contender
View dansula's Photo Album

This is the first I have heard of this years race. Your ahead of me! It is an annual event and a very enjoyable one too. I expect Alan is upto his arms in alligators, so to speak, and a thread will be started soon that will cover the race, and with in it all your questions will get answered. As an interim and to gain a taste of the race try the search function to review past races, rules and lessons learned. There are some great threads from past 12 hours. The cars will most likely be the 1/24 as the support races are for 1/32. Usually a car is part of the entry fee.

http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...ad.php?t=86588

The above are the 2015 rules and a foot note to them details very few and small changes for 2016.

The rules will be out soon(I am sure). Good luck hope to see you at the race. Twelve hours is a nice distance.
Old 05-08-2017, 02:02 PM
SCI Administrator
View Scaleracing's Photo Album

Default ScaleRacing Center 12 Hours of Tacoma July 14th - 16th weekend.

We are hosting the Scaleauto 12 Hours of Tacoma for 1:24th scale Scaleauto GT2/3 cars.

We will finalize rules but this is for both the original ScaleAuto chassis and the latest GT3 chassis.

There will be a weight adjustment for the GT3 chassis they will need to carry 16 grams of weight added to the chassis.

More info as soon as I can but basically this is run as a "STOCK" Class. Everyone will run the same gear ratio, the same motor ( hand out ) and the same rear tires.

There is a absolute minimum clearance on the chassis of at least 1 mm to protect the tracks.

Entry fee is $150.00 and includes all races offered for all Entered and Declared drivers by June 14th.
Entries after that date will be considered if the grid is not full, but extra drivers may have to pay for the Sprint races if not entered by that date.

Here is the entry link, please check for updated information.

http://www.132slotcar.us/store/produ...oducts_id=9268