NINCO
MRC
AFX
Slot.it
Slot Car Illustrated Forum
Old Yesterday, 05:00 AM
World Champion
View RichD's Photo Album

Let's keep this thread going as long as it doesn't turn into a flame war. I was aware of Durf's opinions regarding the rules for this class. The HOCOC rules straddle those of two other groups, but are not exactly the same as either one. I believe that in one case hot stock armatures are not allowed and Lexan bodies are legal, in the other case hard bodies must be used and hot stock armatures are allowed. HOCOC Spec Stock cars can use either a hard or Lexan body and only stock arms are allowed.
If you wanted to buy a good RTR car the one that Viper Scale Racing sells is reasonably priced and should be competitive.
I have been involved in making rules for a long time, my experience has been that no matter what you do someone isn't going to be happy. In the long run people that really want to race will build cars that conform to the rules and those that mostly like to gripe will look elsewhere.
Depending on how this season works out we could modify the rules for the Spec Stock Class or even drop it all together.
I built five cars for the HOCOC Spec Stock class, so there will be loaners available for anyone that does not have a car. If someone has a legal chassis, but needs a body I might be able to supply one.
Old Yesterday, 05:22 PM
International Racer
View SouthShoreRacing's Photo Album

Spec Stock requires a stock arm and a specific hard body for each manufacturer.

Spec Racer allows hot stock arm and hard body or lexan body.
Old Yesterday, 07:37 PM
National Racer
View gmcullan's Photo Album

Please give it a rest. HOCOC class HOCOC rules. If you choose to ignore that, then at this time I must insist that MARC, NBRC, and any and all other HO slot car groups in New England edit their rules so as to match HOCOC.
Old Yesterday, 09:28 PM
National Racer
View Coyote Red's Photo Album

Is it safe to google HOCOC?
Old Yesterday, 11:28 PM
SCI Moderator
View Wet Coast Racer's Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote Red View Post
Is it safe to google HOCOC?
I dunno, man.

But this seems to be the place.

But please folks, not another flaming rules argument thread. This hobby needs more unity, than disparity.
Heck, that sounded so good I'm going to enjoy a banana.
Old Today, 05:22 AM
National Racer
View gmcullan's Photo Album

HOCOC stands for HO Circuit Of Champions and if not the oldest, is at least the second oldest continuously operating HO slot car club in New England. Our primary Web site is at HOCOC.weebley.com.
Old Today, 09:01 AM
World Champion
View RichD's Photo Album

I would have thought that most people would have heard of HOCOC by now, I have been posting schedules, race flyers and race results for many years.
Here is the flyer for our season opener and that will include a Spec Stock race.

Old Today, 09:19 AM
International Racer
View model murdering's Photo Album

The first rule?

Is to respect and obey the rules.

When in Rome, dontcha know.
Old Today, 11:38 AM
Pit Crew

Default HOCOC Spec. Racing

For the record HOCOC will be starting it's 38 season this fall. I am sure the MARC started a couple of
years later. A lot of great input from all those who posted/responded to this thread. Everyone has their
thoughts and opinions which must be respected. None are wrong. What HOCOC is trying to do with this
class is to introduce entry level racers to a class that is a step above the box stock class and give HO veterans a class to compete in. We used HOPRA/MAHOPRA rules (as they were at the time) for a baseline and tweaked them from there to suit our needs/wants. We wanted to make it simple, cost effective. If you show 2 newcomers a hot stock and a stock arm and ask them do you want to spend $6 or $15 most would go with the $6 arm. We have changed some rules in the past at the urging of racers from other clubs who said they would run in some of our events and then never showed up. Our rules have been published for this season. We can review them for next season. We have a great T-Jet SS (Fray) series call the ASRL (All Star Racing League) with vintage Trans-Am bodies. It's open to all. it's a 4 race series with 2 of the events scheduled at the world famous LenJet Raceway, 1 event will be at the challenging track of Durf Hyson and 1 event will be held at the gigantic track of Ron DeRoche. If you like open brass racing on non-magnetic braid tracks we have events scheduled for them as well.
Our hobby/sport is small, very small and getting smaller everyday. We should all promote each other
with positive comments so maybe, just maybe we might be able to get new people involved.