NINCO
MRC
AFX
Slot.it
Slot Car Illustrated Forum
Old 12-13-2016, 10:55 AM
Top Qualifier
View Old23's Photo Album

Art has updated his website and it looks like he is no longer selling any BWA products. No motors, gears or wheels, not even the 13 inch ones. Where that leaves those of us who have come to rely on the BWA motors for several proxy series is uncertain.

Old23
Old 12-13-2016, 01:53 PM
Championship Contender
View Phil Kalbfell's Photo Album

Stewart It also makes us all wonder where have all the BWA motors gone? I know that Al ordered a very large quantity and I would not have thought that they would have sold them all!
We as a club have decided to go with the SRP 16,000 as a replacement, for our Classic front engined class and will probably do the same when we upgrade our Cartrix.
The supply can still be spasmodic But much better than the BWA delays.
Old 12-13-2016, 03:48 PM
SCI Administrator
View Scaleracing's Photo Album

Default No payment, no support, no advertising.

If i get time this Forum will go away by the end of the year.
I have not been paid for advertising and hear nothing back from Art.

So unless I do, and also hear that issues regarding shipments have been resolved sadly I will have to remove this Forum.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:26 AM
Advertiser
View DArt's Photo Album

Hi Alan,
I checked for any outstanding invoices from you and I don't have any that went unpaid. Paypal is good in keeping track of that at least.
Those who have checked the darthobbies website now know that I no longer carry BWA products, including motors. It is my understanding however that BWA Al is now selling them directly to those that contact him. Since I know he does have thousands, those that wish to order them should try doing so from him directly. Apart from Pete's light kits, I will be selling and supporting only those items which I both make and have complete control over. I keep a limited inventory and therefore most (almost all) items are made to order. Sometimes it takes me much longer to complete an order than even I anticipate. I try my best to share with others what I've made and I realize that sometimes the delay for some is just too long. I feel badly about that but one thing I will never do is sacrifice the quality of any of my products just to rush them out the door. Real life circumstances and on-going family/health related circumstances have no place in any public forum and so I can only give you my assurance that any order processed will be filled and sent. I continue to apologize for any delays that may have caused problems for anyone. Every order at present is either in transit, in the process of being made, or where there has been a request, refunded in full. Should anyone have any questions about their order status please email me. Any suggestion that I may not refund any order is libelous.
Looking forward to 2017 it would make sense to close the darthobbies featuring BWA subforum since I just do not have the extra time to monitor an SCI sub-forum and in addition I no longer sell BWA products.
One other note:
I am sending Alexis IPS proxy prizes for the 2017 season. For the 2016 season I was too late in sorting out prizes so I've decided to give every registered entry that competed at The Ring a $15 gift voucher for DArthobbies stuff (excluding shipping). Those of you that had two registered entries in the race receive two vouchers totalling $30. Gift vouchers from different people cannot be combined. If you email me a future order just let me know that you would like to take advantage of the voucher(s).
I would like to thank all of those that chimed in and offered support on my behalf so far. You are the reason I continue to share - it surely isn't making me enough to survive on...
I wish everyone on SCI happy holidays and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
Art
Old 02-07-2017, 04:03 PM
International Racer
View YHR's Photo Album

I had ordered and waited quite some time,( Months) and never had any direct correspondence back. I realize this is not anyone's day job and just wanted some idea my order was going to come. Never heard a word. I finally had to open up a paypal dispute and had my money returned the next day.

I don't know Art, but my suggestion is that if you have lost the passion of retail, just close up shop and enjoy the hobby again for yourself, Save your reputation and others from bad experiences. It just isn't worth it.

My best wishes to you, and I really hope you can find the joy in slotting again. It can't be fun seeing this kind of stuff popping up, so maybe the best thing to do is just close the doors. You are not the first and won't be the last.

It is always sad to see a shop go through these times. I must have watched at least 5 thriving personal service type hobby suppliers wilt away over time. It is the nature of a low volume, low return hobby business. Sorry to see it catch up another,.

Cheers

Dan
Old 02-24-2017, 06:17 PM
International Racer
View Ecurie Martini's Photo Album

FWIW I recently received an item, a Ferrari 612P body kit, that I ordered in December - Yes, it took 6+ weeks for the order to be filled but (a) my need was not urgent and (b) I am very pleased with the content and quality of the kit.

EM