NINCO
MRC
AFX
Slot.it
Slot Car Illustrated Forum
Old 05-09-2017, 09:34 PM
Pit Crew

Default Universal Chassis

Hi From New Zealand home of the All Blacks, and Scott Dixon of course.
I've built a folding routed track and have incorporated Scalextric digital system. 34 mtrs mostly 3 lanes. I use RCS64 and have had a lot of success and many hours of competitive fun. I have been asked to demo the Track at a couple of functions in the next few months. What I hope to do is Run 6 identical chassis (and 2 spares) with what ever bodies I can find to to suit the crowd I'm with. The track is tight so I only need motors under 19000rpm to suit scalextric digital chips. suggestions for a universal chassis the is robust and economical to maintain and someone who will do a good package price for 8 maybe 10
Old 05-10-2017, 06:06 AM
World Champion
View RichD's Photo Album

We use Slot.it HRS or HRS2 chassis, they have an adjustable wheelbase and can be configured as an inline, sidewinder or anglewinder. We have never had one break.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:44 AM
National Racer
View Mitch58's Photo Album

MRRC has their Sebring and Clubman chassis which are both fully adjustable, there are also PCS and Slot classic. Shapeways also make a universal chassis that takes a Slot It pod and runs very well. There are plenty to choose from to suit whatever type of racing you prefer.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:40 PM
National Racer
View aquakiwi's Photo Album

Hi Rusty, I'm in NZ as well, As mentionedthe Slot-It HRS or MRRC Clubman or Sebring Chassis would both work well. The HRS for more modern or wider cars as the track/width is too wide for many of the older cars.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:45 PM
Pit Crew

Thanks for the Ideas. I'll try the HRS2, Can I order to spec from anyone??? I need to have lower rpm motors that suit scalextric digital chip which i think only leaves me with the side winder option. I also want to run with 7mm deep guides with urethane tires. If I'm going to buy 8 or 10, I don't want all the stuff that's not applicable to my setup. Do you think slot-it will sell them as mentioned?
Old 05-12-2017, 11:21 PM
Championship Contender
View Sports Racer's Photo Album

Get yourself some cheap motors like this. At US$2.06 for 5 they are a bargain and work well at 12v.

These are a little bit slower and perform closer to the standard Scalex motors.

At these prices grab lots so you never run out of spares. When ordering a chassis (whichever you end up getting) make sure they take a motor that has the pinion on the can end of the motor, not endbell end otherwise these motors won't suit.

I'd recommend going sidewinder because the gears last longer.

Cheers

Paul

Last edited by Wet Coast Racer; 05-17-2017 at 05:39 PM. Reason: eBay links, non-advertiser link - read the rules, would you?
Old 05-17-2017, 05:23 PM
National Racer
View camber's Photo Album

MJK Engineering in Australia is an option for a robust stainless steel chassis for 1/32's
Old 05-27-2017, 05:14 PM
SCI Moderator
View Wet Coast Racer's Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustyracing View Post
Thanks for the Ideas. I'll try the HRS2, Can I order to spec from anyone??? I need to have lower rpm motors that suit scalextric digital chip which i think only leaves me with the side winder option. I also want to run with 7mm deep guides with urethane tires. If I'm going to buy 8 or 10, I don't want all the stuff that's not applicable to my setup. Do you think slot-it will sell them as mentioned?
Rusty, I think your choice of the HRS/2 makes nothing but sense; should be economically viable, practicably employable, and relatively easy to obtain most places.

Probably the best way to source it would be to work backward from the Slot.it Distributor list.

I believe there's a transition going on there though, as if I'm not mistaken Burmac is in the process of folding and some other company taking over in the land of the Kiwis. Armchair Racer in Oz seems like the next best option, and can probably point you toward their retailers.

If you're wanting to get your hands on Scalextric motors, you could probably do worse than placing a 'WTB' advertisement here in the SCI Marketplace, but perhaps also on the Auslot Forums. Should be lots of them around.

Hope this helps some.
Old 05-28-2017, 01:18 PM
Championship Contender
View munter's Photo Album

Nice to see a fellow Kiwi here. Welcome Rusty.
Slotit distribution in NZ is in suspension as Burmac or Mark B is away in Europe for a while.
Armchair racer are the suggested dealers to buy through but I would suggest you check prices through Pendles in the UK(they take off their 20%VAT) and are a reliable, reputable, world wide trader.
If you want a 14.500rpm motor that is can or endbell drive that fits the sidewinder pod then I can sell you some at five dollars a piece. Feel free to give me a PM for details.
Good luck with the venture.
Regards
John
Old 05-30-2017, 02:12 AM
National Racer
View aquakiwi's Photo Album

Just hi-jacking thread briefly, how did you get Pendle to skip VAT? I've dealt with them a lot and never been given the option.
Old 05-31-2017, 01:31 PM
Pit Crew

I've got acouple of Slot-it chassis coming from Armchair racer. But in the mean time I brought a dozen unpainted Scalextric Mustangs and Camaros. They are all painted up and ready for a function this weekend in Taupo. I used water slide Decals (never again) So I now looking for some screen printed sticker type Decals
Old 05-31-2017, 06:24 PM
Championship Contender

Patto offers those
Old 05-31-2017, 06:25 PM
Championship Contender

It happens in the check out process automatically. Check your login/member details and add your location. That should do it.
Old 06-05-2017, 01:41 PM
Pit Crew

Great weekend over two nights. First time setting up track at public Function, Over 70 people attended. 90% had a go. Used Scalextric Mustangs and Camaro's, RCS64 perform brilliantly, Track worked well, Just the one tightest corner loosing cars both nights. Some guys just don't get it! I will try placing Strong Magnets under the TRACK on that corner? or I need some way to control the speed into the corner (Dead Track for 100mm) Any other Ideas? Slotcar solutions wireless controllers were good, just the one with a dry soldered joint on the switch. I will change my bridge to perspex so we can see cars crashed under it (next to the tightest corner) Whats the best way to post photos or Videos?
Old 06-05-2017, 01:45 PM
SCI Moderator
View Wet Coast Racer's Photo Album

Good on you, sounds like your first major event was a success!

Problem with a dead strip I think would be no braking available ... so maybe harder crashes from those carrying too much speed into the turn.

Check out FAQ for video advice, YouTubes are easy here.