NINCO
MRC
AFX
Slot.it
Slot Car Illustrated Forum
Old 07-20-2008, 07:04 PM
Championship Contender
View SouthernSlotter's Photo Album

I know someone that WON'T be racing a Ferrari in the NATS....
Right Kurt?
Random Deslot, Random Deslot, Random Deslot....
Sorry, couldn't resist.

SS
Old 07-20-2008, 09:09 PM
World Champion
View ElSecundo's Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSloter View Post
I know someone that WON'T be racing a Ferrari in the NATS....
Right Kurt?
Random Deslot, Random Deslot, Random Deslot....
Sorry, couldn't resist.
I'd say that's a safe bet, unless somebody from Ninco told me that I'd be allowed to fix the manufacturing flaw that causes it. I like my Ferrari (everywhere except Ninco track, though)
Old 07-21-2008, 06:43 AM
"The Boss"
View Mark's Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElSecundo View Post
I'd say that's a safe bet, unless somebody from Ninco told me that I'd be allowed to fix the manufacturing flaw that causes it. I like my Ferrari (everywhere except Ninco track, though)
LOL, ain't that the truth.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:17 AM
Championship Contender
View NINCO1's Photo Album

Crusher,
you're correct....the Ferrari is 50522.....
Sorry 'bout that, guys..........

Race The Red Triangle!
Bob/NINCO1
Old 07-30-2008, 08:23 AM
Championship Contender

Default Important Change To National Race Location

IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT MRC'S NATIONAL NINCO RACE:

Due to the unforeseen possibility of JD Model Raceways not being available in mid October , MRC's National NINCO Race to select Team USA will now be held at the world famous Sling Shot Speedway in Lawrenceville, Georgia (near Atlanta) on Saturday & Sunday, October 11-12.
Telephone number for Sling Shot Speedway is 678-847-0110.

Slot Car racers from all over the USA are invited to Sling Shot Speedway to compete in an Endurance race to determine which three racers will go to England to represent MRC as Team USA for this prestigious NINCO event.

Entry Fee for the National Race is $30.00 for each racer. The total number of racers will be limited!A non-refundable deposit of $20.00 must be received in advance by Sling Shot Speedway. Racers should contact Lance or Duane for information about transportation, hotel accommodation, race scheduling, entry fees and deposit.

The three USA National winners become Team USA, and will each receive a trophy, Team USA shirts, the applicable NINCO World Cup racecar and assortment of racing parts, FREE airfare to England for the World Cup Super GT Event in Silverstone, and three FREE nights in a hotel in England, all courtesy of Model Rectifier Corporation (MRC), official importer/distributor of NINCO products in the USA.

Race The Red Triangle!
Bob/NINCO1
Old 08-06-2008, 05:37 AM
Championship Contender
View jethro's Photo Album

Default Cincinnati Regional Date September 20th

Ray has announced the date of the Cincinnati NINCO regional races. Saturday September 20th. More details to come.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Club Racer
View SlingShot's Photo Album

Default Location and Hotel

Anyone coming from out of town to the Ninco Nationals and needing a hotel close by to the track, I would recommend the Hampton Inn at Sugarloaf - 6010 Sugarloaf Parkway, Lawrenceville, Georgia, USA 30043 Tel: +1-678-407-0018 Fax: +1-678-407-4223. The rate for the hotel is $105.00 per night and it is within walking distance to the Discover Mills Mall. For anyone using a GPS for directions, Sling Shot's address is 5900 Sugarloaf Parkway, Store 608, Lawrenceville, Ga. 30043 - 678-847-0110.

We are looking forward to having one of the best races in the country (and Canada), but it can't happen without the best drivers attending the race, so please make plans to be at the Ninco Nationals. I want MRC to send the best three drivers to represent the USA, We need a podium finish this year. or

Looking forward to hosting you this year

Lance Perry
Sling Shot Speedway
Old 08-09-2008, 11:26 AM
National Racer
View PaganiZonda's Photo Album

oh sweet, i didn't know it was at Sling Shot! if by some stroke of luck i turn out good, that'd be sweet! definitely gonna show up at least as a spectator.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Club Racer
View milkman's Photo Album

Errr .. anything going on. Been awfully quite around here. What about Sling Shot? Has the track changed since the 2006 race?
Old 08-12-2008, 02:21 PM
Club Racer
View SlingShot's Photo Album

Default Wrong Track

I don't know if it has been posted yet, But the Nationals aren't on the big 457 footer. We will be racing on the track that resembles the World Cup track. The Sling Shot mini is a 115 foot track that is extremely technical. If you look at some of the pics of our BRM or SCX regional races you can get a look at what we will be racing on. (There will be some last minute surprise changes to keep the locals off balance) We look forward to seeing you and many others soon!

Lance Perry
Sling Shot Speedway
Old 08-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Club Racer

Great!! I'll be able to see my car more clearly!! The 457 was awsome but I, in my old age, have trouble seeing these little cars when they get too far away. 115' will do nicely and I love technical tracks. You ought to see the track at HSARC!
Old 08-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Championship Contender

Glad you mentioned the last minute surprises to keep the locals off balance, Lance!
Err.... it hasn't been that quiet!, Unless of course more time is being spent testing and tuning NINCO cars...the new Mosler "Lejun", Lambo "Team S-Berg", Porsche 997 "MRS" and the Lexan chassis didn't stick around very long. Lots of shops have them so the guys racing can have the latest, authorized cars and Prorace EVO chassis for the NINCO races.

as a matter of interest....
I've been running a fully EVO'd Lambo for almost two months with NC-6 and Lexan chassis (no weights, no stiffening, no glue, no tape, tinned racing braids, Prorace guide, bearings, silver 33/11 gear set, 17" wide rear hubs, 15" fronts, 20.5x11.5 Shore A25 rear tires and 18x10 Shore A25 front tires), and IMHO , it's the best handling, NINCO car available.... but hey, everyone has their own favorite!

And..... if you put a chip in it for N-digital, the additional weight of the chip puts the balance point of the car just about center, so the grip is even better in the corners.
Maybe we should consider some Regional N-Digital racing...... hhmmmm!

Race The Red Triangle!
Bob/NINCO1

Last edited by NINCO1; 08-12-2008 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:46 PM
Club Racer

Default Nationals Track

Hi Lance,

Anyway we can get a map/layout diagram of the track?
Old 08-12-2008, 03:06 PM
International Racer
View low tech's Photo Album

Bob,

You say you are using the silver 33/11 gear, and there is not one. So which gears are you really using?

red gear are 13/31
silver gear are 12/32
blue gear is 11/33

Concerned racers want to know.

Also I heard a rumor that that the 19x10 ribbed shore a-25 tire was not allowed for Ninco National rules. Is this true or false? Please verify. This is the truest tire in the Ninco Pro Race arsenal.

Follow up question. Those red angle winder gears (13/31). Are there more on the way and when can we expect them?

Another follow up question. Some of the new Body kits haven't made it to the US yet. Like the Lambo and the Porsche 997. I know Ninco has probably sold plenty in Spain, but, are there any on the way here?

trying to get ready to race...
low tech
Old 08-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Championship Contender

Jon,
Thanks Jon for picking that up.....I let the keyboard get away from me.... I meant to say the Silver 32/12. I was working on something else when I wrote that...... I'll edit my post above to save any more confusion.

Also I heard a rumor that that the 19x10 ribbed shore a-25 tire was not allowed for Ninco National rules. Is this true or false? Please verify. This is the truest tire in the Ninco Pro Race arsenal. Ribbed tires are not allowed in the National and will not be allowed in the NWC.

Follow up question. Those red angle winder gears (13/31). Are there more on the way and when can we expect them? Yes! NINCO (like the rest of Europe) is on their annual August holiday and won't be back at work until the 25th. We will be making every effort to get more of what racers need for the Regionals, etc., ASAP.

Another follow up question. Some of the new Body kits haven't made it to the US yet. Like the Lambo and the Porsche 997. I know Ninco has probably sold plenty in Spain, but, are there any on the way here?
It's not that they didn't make it here to the US yet..... NINCO has not yet made all the body kits that were shown in the June newsletter. They are ordered, shops have preordered them and NINCO does not forget about us.

Race The Red Triangle!
Bob/NINCO1