Coming Soon To A Track Near You (This February)
I'd like to thank dr vanski for letting me borrow his CanAm Prototype rules & tweaking them. For those that don't like alot of rules(me) it looks like alot but it's all basic stuff that your car probably already has covered.
Cheetah Invitational (Open Class)
I. Body Rules
1) Must be a Cheetah. Topless version is okay(Cro-Sal, Spyder, Roadster)
2) Bodies must be injection moulded or resin cast, in 1/32 scale. No vacuum formed or blow moulded bodies. (Approximately 1/30 scale is the maximum oversize permitted)
3) Tires must be fully under the fenders. No tire may project beyond body work, as viewed from above, at maximum side travel of wheels.
4) Bodies must be removable to allow maintenance and repair during the race series.
5) Driver figure is required, with representation of at least head, shoulders, and arms.
6) Interior must include representation of dashboard top, as seen through windshield, and shelf under rear window. Spare tire under rear window optional. Vacuum formed interior pieces may be used. Interior should fully cover so the chassis can not be seen.
7) Front & rear window material must be present. Windows may be vacuum formed.
8) Required body details as appropriate. Painted lights are okay. Working lights are not required. Got to have carbs or fuel injection stacks, etc. & headers also. It's a Cheetah! (I think some of you already have cars without the side pipes so this might be up for discussion also.)
9) Any paint, decals and markings may be used. Racing numbers are required. Fantasy liveries are encouraged. Car owner information on car underside is a must. Body screw adjustment information would be helpful.
10) The car must be pre-registered and race number obtained prior to tech inspection.
11) A body may have flares added, up to the max width of 2.53". (ie:Hurst)
1) Chassis may be made of any material, and may be any design. Aftermarket axle blocks are permitted.
2) Underside of car chassis and body must clear track road surface (not rails), on level track, by 1.2 mm (0.047") minimum. Gears may be lower, but cars may be excluded from racing if gears contact the track or rails, and track owner judges them a hazard to track or rails.
3) Guide must be entirely under body, and not visible when viewed from above.
4) Any guide(other than a pin guide), bushing, gear etc. may be used.
5) Traction magnets are not permitted.
6.) JB Weld is permitted...just in case any stragglers show up.
III. Tires and Wheels
1.) Tires: No tire compound restrictions(silicones are allowed)
,except that tires must be black. In the spirit of the 1:1. No low profile tires.
2.) Wheels: The rear wheels cannot have a smaller diameter than the front wheels.
3.) Inserts are required.
*Again it's open, just keep it in the spirit of the original 1:1 & make sure tires are fully under the fenders. No O-Rings or low profile Zero Grips (Slot.It SIPT-15), or equivalent size tires may be used.
1) Any manufacturer’s motors may be used. RPM limits are open. Modifications allowed.
2) Motors drawing excessive current, which results in slowing other cars on the track, or tripping of overload protectors in track circuit, may be disqualified from racing on that track.(I'm assuming most of the host tracks have the ampage to spare for most motors but I don't know)
Examples Of Eligible Bodies for the Cheetah Invitational
Resins ( http://rmsresins.com/html/sportscars.htm
(If you find something else, please let us know.)
Scoring explanation in the first post of this thread:
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________
The Deadline For Arrival In Hermitage, TN Is Friday, Feb. 5, 2010
(That should hopefully give everybody enough time to recover from the Holidays.)
The Entry Fee is $25.00
which hopefully will cover all the shipping expenses & some nice parting gifts.
I'll be doing the tech inspection & running the first race here at Stoner Ridge.
We have 30 entrants & 11 tracks which seems like a fairly large amount. Hoping the $25 entry fee will cover all the expenses. If we're short you're friendly neighborhood race manager will cover the difference.(Did I really say that?)
PayPal preferred but any other method will be fine.
I've sent my PayPal & shipping address to each of the entrants in a Private message.
If you haven't recieved it, holler at me!
Lou E will be in charge of coordinating the race schedule.
Only 1 month left...wahoo!