MRC
AFX
Slot.it
Slot Car Illustrated Forum  
Old 09-18-2009, 03:22 PM
Championship Contender
View B52RN's Photo Album

Default Racing at Road Augusta Slot Speedway

Hey guys, welcome to The RASS (Road Augusta Slot Speedway). The cars are here (in Augusta) but I haven't been able to hook up with the FedEx guy 'cause I have to sign for them. I'll try to get them this weekend.
I'll be posting details of the track later.
Looking forward to it.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:58 PM
Championship Contender
View arroldn's Photo Album

Should have used UPS. Watch the UPS #88 my 3 yr dog in the hunt. Hope my hotrod #43 performs well here.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:34 AM
National Champion
View RichD's Photo Album

If you leave a signed note on the door FedEx will leave a package. You could have the delivery guy leave the package with a neighbor that is usually home. I often have things delivered to my work address.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:42 AM
Championship Contender

Only slight advantage FedEx Home delivery has is it is a Tuesday-Saturday service for those who have Saturday off. If that is an advantage or is that a benefit. Looking forward to getting the race results.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:08 PM
Championship Contender
View B52RN's Photo Album

Had to work today but luckily made it home in time to be here for the FedEx guy so, the cars are here.
I unpacked them but haven't done a detailed inspection, just a quick look. First thing I noticed, there are several cars with chassis screws missing. There was only one that had the screw still in the box so I replaced it. The others, I don't know if they were intentionally left off or are missing. One car had both rear screws gone. I don't remember which ones they were but will let you know once I have a chance to make a closer inspection.

I do recall that the #9 Dodge car (T.A.P., I think) had the driver looking out the back window and something rattling around inside the car. Turns out it was a lead weight (square, about 5.3 grams) that looks like it was originally in the front of the chassis. Let me know if that is correct and I'll replace it. That car must have really taken a hit to put the driver in the backseat!

In general, all those cars kinda look like they've been through some sort of demolition derby...they're really banged up.

Here's some pics of The RASS

It's Scaley Sport, 64.25ft long with the longest straight being 9ft. Professor Motor controllers and a DS200 timer. This track rewards well balanced, quick accelerating cars. If a car can handle all the curves smoothly with little waggle and can be quickly "on the throttle" coming out of the turn, it will do well...as Smokeio can attest. I recently ran a round of the Slotit Shootout and Smoke smoked 'em with a #1 finish. I'll be interested to see if his NASCAR does as well as his Slotit did.

I'll be running them solo and will try to get a little qualifying in tomorrow. I'll run a car until I feel comfortable with how it runs on my track and will then do a 10 lap qual run for fastest lap. Cars will be run in no particular order. I'll post each car's top three fast laps and will include my impressions of how they perform. Good luck to all.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:57 AM
Championship Contender
View WPSoko1's Photo Album

Everyone will be lookin' to toast some Wonder Bread...Good luck with the race!
Old 09-20-2009, 03:27 PM
Championship Contender

Hey Bruce,
Update the points please.
That's some kind of layout you have there. Hope my cars can handle it. Are the screws missing in the #43,#88 or #97? If so I can send some on to the next location or express mail some to you. I think the #43 has SCC screws in it if I'm not mistaken so let me know. Been so long since I've seen it I've forgotten

Last edited by arroldn; 09-20-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Club Racer
View Maineiac Slot racer's Photo Album

Sent you a PM about regluing the wht. Thanks for the heads up, hope Kasey run's good!?!?
Old 09-22-2009, 05:54 PM
Championship Contender
View B52RN's Photo Album

Hey guys, I haven't been able to do much as things suddenly got real busy for me...short term I'm pretty sure.
I was able to take a closer look at 12 of the cars so far and do a few repairs, screw replacements, etc. I'm also cleaning and straightening the braids and putting a drop or two of Super Lube on the gears.
I'll inspect the other cars as soon as I can and will post what I did to them and hopefully get qual done this weekend.
I apologize that I'm taking so long, as I usually try to get it all done quickly and not make folks wait, which I know is a maxie bummer.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:49 AM
Top Qualifier
View Da Vols's Photo Album

Please slap me silly - I thought I did, but didn't update the points...and they are now...

Neil - Thank you for doing whatever repairs necessary......looking forward to the race.

Duh Vol - Bruce
Old 09-25-2009, 04:56 PM
Championship Contender
View B52RN's Photo Album

OK guys, sorry for the delay. Finally got all the cars inspected and repaired as necessary. Here are the results. If your car is not mentioned, then it was OK.

#1 Bass Pro Missing front left chassis screw

#43 Cheerios Missing the single rear chassis screw

#17 Roller Girls Written instructions on the chassis says "all tight"...all were very loose. Tightened as much as possible but chassis is still very loose. Is this intentional?

#1 Bullseye Rear mounting post is attached to the chassis but is not attached to the body. I couldn't see any evidence that it was ever glued to the body (no glue residue). I didn't repair this in case it was intentional...is it?

#24 Dupont Braids were worn down to nubs (replaced with some from my spares). There are no screws holding chassis to body...it's held in place with tape. What's up with that? Is this also intentional? I didn't do anything in case it was. The crown gear is very worn on this car.

#97 Sharpie Right rear axle bushing was popped out.

#28 MMMoose Front screw was full tight (instructions say 3/4 loose). Front wheels don't spin very freely.

#8 Mad Dog Front left and right rear chassis screws missing

#9 Dodge Weight loose inside body (driver also roaming freely )

So, that's it.
Unfortunately, I have to work tomorrow but I'll try to get quals done this weekend.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:57 PM
Championship Contender

Thanks for the repair. Hope it performs well on your track.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:15 PM
Championship Contender

Um only one car in the top 10. Back to the wind tunnel.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:16 AM
Top Qualifier
View Da Vols's Photo Album

Neil - Thanks ever so much for doing all the repairs...

Perhaps 19 races is a bit too much on the cars...??? If next season has as many (or more) races maybe I should go with the NASCAR Chase format...???

Da Vol - Bruce
Old 09-26-2009, 02:35 PM
International Racer
View Mongo the Monster's Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by B52RN View Post
#17 Roller Girls Written instructions on the chassis says "all tight"...all were very loose. Tightened as much as possible but chassis is still very loose. Is this intentional?
Perfect. That is part of the master plan ..... and the design. Thanks for checking.