NINCO
MRC
AFX
Slot.it
Slot Car Illustrated Forum

Go Back   Slot Car Illustrated Forum > Scale Racing > 1/32 Scale Slot Cars

Old 03-26-2010, 10:25 AM
kwysong

Wow more flippant that's some realllllly good stuff right there. I had no idea about getting rough edges off the wheels or fenders! I think the tuning night thing is really smart too, especially since I need to learn and show people how to add the chip to the car. Thanks again for this info, hope I didn't sound rude in my previous reply or anything.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:52 PM
Championship Contender
View gorp's Photo Album

Default yes check in sci digital forum for glad info

and
if you really wanted digital info
you would not be asking
in this generally analog forum

surprised even bothered reading your posting here
and
sorry will not buy from your non sci site
Old 03-26-2010, 07:10 PM
Top Qualifier
View Da Vols's Photo Album

gorp - Be nice to this new member...!!! He doesn't own the store so it's not his fault they are not a sponsor. Also, the beginning post was to see which would be better - regular or digital - alas they chose the wrong way, but I won't hold that against them...they'll learn what real slot racing is eventually...

Da Vol - Bruce
Old 03-26-2010, 08:38 PM
Top Qualifier
View BigDog's Photo Album

Talking Watch out for gorp... HOHOHOHO!!!

gorp, you're terrible! You're... you're... a gorp! Man, be nice to kwysong... he's just arriving now: I'm sure that with time he'll see the light...

Now you, Mr.kwysong, be smart and get in touch with buspor63 and Da Vols: these guys have been around and certainly can help you with your plans. Maybe the most important piece of advice I could give to you is learn what you can from other's experience; don't go breaking your back on your own trying things that won't work out!

I'm truly cheering for you and for your iniciative, as all SCIers surely are too!

Cheers and good luck!
Old 03-27-2010, 05:10 AM
Top Qualifier

Fernao - Alas, the dye has been cast and I do wish them a great outcome. Just realized I don't have one Scalextric car in my garage - with Scalextric's push on the Super Resistent cars (and if allowed for a racing class), I'm thinking the new Audi R8 with a chip - heck, racing is racing so I'll be there.

Da Vol - Bruce
Old 03-27-2010, 11:17 AM
kwysong

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorp View Post
and
if you really wanted digital info
you would not be asking
in this generally analog forum

surprised even bothered reading your posting here
and
sorry will not buy from your non sci site
Uhhh I posted this stuff here because this is the most visited/popular sub-forum and I've not been here before so how would I know where to post? If you have a problem with my posting then do me a favor and read someone else's thread.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:27 AM
kwysong

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog View Post
gorp, you're terrible! You're... you're... a gorp! Man, be nice to kwysong... he's just arriving now: I'm sure that with time he'll see the light...

Now you, Mr.kwysong, be smart and get in touch with buspor63 and Da Vols: these guys have been around and certainly can help you with your plans. Maybe the most important piece of advice I could give to you is learn what you can from other's experience; don't go breaking your back on your own trying things that won't work out!

I'm truly cheering for you and for your iniciative, as all SCIers surely are too!

Cheers and good luck!
Thanks buddy. Yeah I should be meeting up with them next week I believe. Oddly enough Scalextric should be sending me the track next week too, if not I get it the week after (we're waiting on borders haha). Everyone's been quite helpful, except the Gorp. If you're ever in the Knoxville TN area you should definitely stop by and do some racing with us.

Also, in case anyone reading this is wondering, I'm not on SCI to take any business from them, in fact I would recommend this site to just about anyone interested in slot cars. I also don't have any control over the advertising dollars at the store so although I can recommend advertising on here that's not my choice at all.

I'm just on here to get advice so when I start racing at the store I'll be prepared for the variety of problems or the variety of people's needs that will arise when we start racing. Both Alan and Scalextric recommended I come to this site with my questions so I did.

KW.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:32 AM
kwysong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Vols View Post
gorp - Be nice to this new member...!!! He doesn't own the store so it's not his fault they are not a sponsor. Also, the beginning post was to see which would be better - regular or digital - alas they chose the wrong way, but I won't hold that against them...they'll learn what real slot racing is eventually...

Da Vol - Bruce
Lol once I get you racing digital you'll have fun! My dad and I were playing with a digital set last night and it was really enjoyable being able to switch lanes and push or block him, or just to be able to choose my racing line and not just be stuck in one lane. I think once we get 4-6 guys doing this at once it will be a blast. Besides, I swayed the owner to go to Scalextric so we could get that new powerbase so we can run digital or analog .
Old 03-27-2010, 01:56 PM
Top Qualifier

Kris - I'm sure I'll have fun - the digital part notwithstanding it is a very good layout you've designed and am looking forward to taking some laps on it...especially without magnetic aid.

See you soon...

Da Vol - Bruce
Old 03-27-2010, 03:02 PM
Championship Contender
View gorp's Photo Album

Default apologize for suggesting you post digital questions

at the sci digital forum

and glad you realize
gorp is not helpful

Last edited by gorp; 03-27-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:40 PM
kwysong

Please see the new images I have posted showing how the track looks set up! Tell me what you think!
Old 06-27-2010, 08:33 PM
International Racer
View buspor63's Photo Album

Kris,

Looks great, I just caught your PM, so I'm really sorry I didn't see it sooner. I guess now I need to look around for a car to chip so I can give it a try. I'm feelin' bad that I didn't contact you about the track, but since schools out and the kids are full time, time is tight.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:53 AM
kwysong

Quote:
Originally Posted by buspor63 View Post
Kris,

Looks great, I just caught your PM, so I'm really sorry I didn't see it sooner. I guess now I need to look around for a car to chip so I can give it a try. I'm feelin' bad that I didn't contact you about the track, but since schools out and the kids are full time, time is tight.
It's all good, I've been super busy myself with a couple weddings and a funeral which is why it has taken me so long to get the tables built. I'll have the track back up probably tomorrow through Friday night (have to take it down because gamers use the activity room on Saturdays). I ordered 4 F1 chips from Scalextric because they told me those chips are so small you can fit them in many analog cars. The only downside with these is you'll have to do a lil soldering and drill a hole into the bottom of the car so the tiny light sensor communicates with the lane changing sensor on the crossover sections. Or you could always get a DPR Scalextric car and get the regular chip that just bolts right in. Luckily I was able to get 12 of the quick-connect chips, they are on backorder til possibly September right now haha.

Hopefully soon Scalextric sends me the powerbase so I can also let analog cars race on the track.

Unfortunately it looks like the track will be mostly permanently mounted to the tables, the only parts not mounted will be where the tables come together. I was hoping to avoid this but it takes me about 2-3 hours to put this track together with all of the borders and everything, theres a LOT of pieces. It also takes about 2 hours for me to pack everything away to get it to fit in the three boxes I have. But who knows maybe we can figure something out to where we can change things up. Im not 100% sure yet.

Anyways, hopefully I'll see you and Bruce and some other guys in the near future. I've got some cars you guys can try out on the track too.

KW

Oh, you may also want to find the store on facebook. I have like 52 pictures on our page there and I'll be updating it with information on the track as we get it more finished.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:49 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
View MrFlippant's Photo Album

The track looks great, KW! Sucks that you have to dismantle it and re-assemble it so much. Hopefully something can be done to reduce or eliminate that. I wish I could come and race on it, but it's a bit of a drive for me.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:30 PM
kwysong

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlippant View Post
The track looks great, KW! Sucks that you have to dismantle it and re-assemble it so much. Hopefully something can be done to reduce or eliminate that. I wish I could come and race on it, but it's a bit of a drive for me.
Thanks man! Yeah putting the track together and taking it apart is very time consuming. The first time I put it together it took about 2.5 hours, this last time (the second time) it took about 1.75 hours SO IF I had some slot car revolutionists with me I could probably cut down that time to under an hour. The more I use it the better it will get.

As for being countless hours away, you never know when you might be in Knoxville! You could always build this exact same track and record your lap times to technically race against us