Control tower 117 50.87%
concessions/food 60 26.09%
Care center 52 22.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2010, 08:20 AM
International Racer
View OTE12's Photo Album

Default HO Slot Car structures

Everyone knows the lack of structures and buildings for HO Slot racing.What structures would you like to see available,I would love to have a slot car manufacturer start producing some.

Last edited by OTE12; 12-19-2010 at 08:25 AM.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:52 AM
International Racer
View Dyno Dom's Photo Album

I agree, I've enjoyed scenery layouts since the featured
article in 1967 for Scottsboro Raceway. If there would be some interest,
I have been thinking of posting pics for HO building kits that I have collected.
My collection are mostly unbuilt in boxes by Aurora, AFX, Atlas, Faller & Plasticville.
Hopefully others can add pics w/built units & others for reference.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:38 PM
International Racer
View tossedman's Photo Album

Just a good six foot long picture of grandstands that hasn't been photoshopped to repeat the same people over and over would be cool. Would make make a cool background which is probably all I'm looking for.

Todd
Old 12-19-2010, 03:55 PM
International Racer
View OTE12's Photo Album

If there is enough interest I will produce some kits of my grandstand with overhead skysuites/media center.I will have to see what it would cost to do them if it would be worth my time and effort.They will be made of plastic and not cardboard or foam board.So far thats where the interest is.grandstands and pit/garage area.

Trey
Old 12-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Championship Contender
View Speedhoppy's Photo Album

Default Race Track Structures

Greg Braun at HO Slot Car Racing has offered laser-cut kits for bleachers, pit garages, media center, overhead bridge (for 4-lane), and control tower in the past. One can also convert buildings / bridges from various HO railroad sources. International Hobby Manufacterers offers an airport control tower and airplane hanger that can be easily converted to racetrack use. Many of the purpose built grandstands from Faller can still be ordered (listed under "Go Kart Track") either direct or through your hobby shop (as I did); it will just have to be redecorated to suit. A surprising number of structures, like original Aurora curved bleachers or the grandstand, can be picked up at slotcar swap meets in varying condition and cost. These can also be used as templates for scratchbuilding structures. If I can figure out how to "shrink" the photos of my track & structures (I keep getting a message saying they are too big for this format), I will show my own efforts in this regard......
Old 12-20-2010, 02:11 PM
International Racer
View Rolls's Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedhoppy View Post
If I can figure out how to "shrink" the photos of my track & structures (I keep getting a message saying they are too big for this format), I will show my own efforts in this regard......
I'd love to see your efforts. Shrinking pics is a pain, though.

Here's something new I've had good luck with http://min.us It's a free photo-sharing service called min.us that makes distributing slideshows of your pictures as simple as dragging and dropping them onto a Web page, then sending out a resulting short URL, or including it in your post here.

Don't even have to log in. Easiest I've ever tried.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:04 PM
International Racer
View OTE12's Photo Album

You can always use photobucket for your photos.

would love to see some of the old structures,I have emailed Greg a few times about when he would be getting any more structures done but no reply but that was a year ago and he still has no stock.I have built several and my latest will be done soon.Sure would be nice just to buy something though.I have enough projects as it is.The aurora curved bleechers can still be ordered new from model motoring and very reasonable too.

Trey

Last edited by OTE12; 12-20-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:42 PM
Championship Contender
View Speedhoppy's Photo Album

Default Racetrack Structures

Rolls, I checked out that site you mentioned (http// min.us), but my system must be missing something, as I get a message saying my browser is not supported.
Slot-Rev, I did open up a Photobucket account, and downloaded all my track and car pictures to it. But when I try to attach some of them, I cannot open up the account to select individual pictures (I must be really PC challenged). I'm going to have to discuss this with my technical advisor (the wife) tomorrow. This is agravating, as I can download these to Facebook, and send in ordinary e-mails, but cannot get them on this forum thread!
Even though I could get a larger layout in a given space if I didn't bother with structures of any kind, I much prefer to have a pit area w/garages, grandstands, media center, etc. as it makes for a more interesting layout from my perspective, even if it isn't permanent. My four lane currently occupies a ping-pong table and a conference table, with another conference table to be added. I use the AFX variable voltage powerpacks (one per lane), and have no dead spots. I had been using banked turns, but substituted flat turns (I go from 6" to 18" on my track), as the longer nosed bodies were scraping in the corners. As soon as I get this picture thing figured out, I will put them out there......
Old 12-21-2010, 09:47 AM
Novice Racer
View mansfieldspeedway's Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by tossedman View Post
Just a good six foot long picture of grandstands that hasn't been photoshopped to repeat the same people over and over would be cool. Would make make a cool background which is probably all I'm looking for.

Todd
I would agree, I can scratch build or convert RR buildings for the track, My issue is the background. Grandstands,pit areas, city...would be cool. Something that I could wrap around the layout to help keep cars off the floor, but fit in to the overall design.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:20 PM
Club Racer
View crosswinds's Photo Album

the first thing that comes to mind is ofcourse a garagebuilding, that can fit together/expandable!
Old 12-21-2010, 05:34 PM
National Racer
View Dr. Gamma's Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosswinds View Post
the first thing that comes to mind is ofcourse a garagebuilding, that can fit together/expandable!
The expandable garages would be great to have. I really want or need a current looking control tower for my track. It could match or fit together with the garages, or could be used just by itself. Don't talk about grandstands to me. For what I paid for mine on ePAY. I could have bought a couple of Paddock Penthouse seats at the Brickyard!!! I got a total of 10 or so grandstands on my layout. That would be another good seller I think. I wish somebody would come out with some great looking people to fill all those grandstands. I don't like the way those chinese ones look on ePAY. I would love to find some with the quality of the Preiser figures, but at a reasonable price.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:55 AM
National Champion
View slotking's Photo Album

you can try hoscar . net as well

look at the Scenery link
Old 12-22-2010, 01:03 PM
National Racer
View CLG780's Photo Album

Greetings... Happy Holidays!!!

I would like to see at least 6 pit stalls in one casting!!!
Old 12-22-2010, 01:09 PM
National Racer
View Left4Dead's Photo Album

A 4 lane HO light bar for under 30.00 would be awesome. Even with just normal lights. Like a Starting gate or Build into grandstand. Im not really sure but we really need more options for gantrys. IMHO

The key being lower than 65.00 plus shipping. I built my own out of pvc pipe , it really needs to be dressed up.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:34 PM
International Racer
View Dyno Dom's Photo Album

CLG780, here are some pics of Faller Continental tower & pit building (w/ six stalls).

;
;