MRC
AFX
Slot.it
Slot Car Illustrated Forum
Old 01-11-2011, 07:51 AM
Club Racer
View bakerdude's Photo Album

Default e bay sellers

since i just started up at the age of 52 mywife bought me a vintage tjet set for my bday last year. i started collecting the 1960s and early 1970s auroras. everything i own is ebay bought. started with a hardtop mustang and just the other day got a cheetah. anyone know who to avoid as a seller on ebay or can anyone recommend a good dealer on vintage aurora.?? am going to a slot swap meet in allentown pa in feb to get ideas and track layout ideas also.thanks
Old 01-11-2011, 08:12 AM
Championship Contender
View slotbubba's Photo Album

avoid a guy named "boosa", but he has swapped his name several times. He is in central NC. Others will chime with more details.

There are several places you need to visit, some possibly in person for your location. Look for New Jersey Nostalgia Hobby. They have a nice website, lots of good vintage stuff, and fair prices from my experience. They may even be within driving distance.

Welcome to the fun!
Old 01-11-2011, 08:20 AM
SCI Administrator
View Scaleracing's Photo Album

Default Not interested in eBay.

Please consider supporting Stores that keep this Hobby alive not the eBayers who are slowly killing it.

SCI supports the Industry that has kept this Hobby alive for over 50 years and while eBay is OK for old stuff it is sad to watch the Hobby given away daily.

Just my take and your welcome to your views, but until eBay allows SCI to advertise on their Site I will not support the promotion of eBayers on SCI.

Enjoy your Hobby and support the Stores that keep it alive.

We have a Buy/Sell/Trade here for private parties maybe you could support that, it's free for private individuals to list items they no longer need.
Not for Dealers unless they become an Advertiser on SCI, but may help you find some things. Or look on eBay but please do not post links to eBay sales here on SCI.

Alan
Old 01-27-2011, 10:51 PM
National Racer
View jobobvideo's Photo Album

Alan,
I agree that ebay has put the local hobby shops at odds...but ain't many round here..especially for ho stuff...and no old used cars to buy. The last hooby stop I went in to ( 45 mins. away )had only 2 HO cars, no track and a few parts and doubted if they would stock anymore. so with that said, I've been able to purchase many used cars at resoanable prices on ebay. I have purchased some full price at on-line hobby shops too. When I look through the Buy/Sell/Trade section so few listings are ho...maybe it needs a seperate sub forum? I beleive ebay has expaned the ability to get more people involved in HO, I know it has at least for me, but I sure many others.

Not tring to stir the pot...just making suggestion for your consideration.

Last edited by jobobvideo; 01-27-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:04 PM
National Champion
View slotking's Photo Album

also the BB's and the howl email list offer a good source of stuff not found at most shops
Old 01-28-2011, 08:42 PM
International Racer
View mandoman's Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaleracing View Post
Please consider supporting Stores that keep this Hobby alive not the eBayers who are slowly killing it.

SCI supports the Industry that has kept this Hobby alive for over 50 years and while eBay is OK for old stuff it is sad to watch the Hobby given away daily.

Just my take and your welcome to your views, but until eBay allows SCI to advertise on their Site I will not support the promotion of eBayers on SCI.

Enjoy your Hobby and support the Stores that keep it alive.

We have a Buy/Sell/Trade here for private parties maybe you could support that, it's free for private individuals to list items they no longer need.
Not for Dealers unless they become an Advertiser on SCI, but may help you find some things. Or look on eBay but please do not post links to eBay sales here on SCI.
Heck, I like buying from the shops a lot more than eBay. I have very rarely come upon an on-line slot car shop that I didn't like, and now I have a bunch I know for sure, so it's cool.