AFX
Slot.it
Slot Car Illustrated Forum  
Old 03-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Championship Contender
View cgingras's Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerdoug View Post
"...folks who volunteer for the privilege of hosting a round"........ The way I remember it YOU CONTACTED ME and asked me to run your cars on my track. So I'd say the privilege was yours.....won't happen again.....First proxy here - cars stolen by a low life...and the others....never reimbursed for any shipping......."privilege"??? Now that's a good one.
I have been hosting a round of this great proxy race since it was born 5 years ago. I still consider it a privilege. It's a lot of work, I know. And it's even more work if hosts want to give the participants the information they need, like and hope for to build even better cars for future proxies (that's what it's all about, in the end). It's also a lot of work to publish results right after the qual and race (or even during the qual/race). But it's so rewarding to see the reactions and the comments of each participant following along, it's like we're all part of the same happening at the same time, even if we're on different continents.

It's worth the trouble, because you get to drive and see wonderfully built cars, because you get to learn what works and what doesn't work on those cars, because you get to have one, two, or three racing nights with buddies having a lot of fun around a track.

I don't know how the contact was made before this season got underway for you to host a round (I'm only the scorekeeper and a big fan of this proxy race). I'm sure the person who contacted you to see if you were interested in hosting a round had good reasons to contact you. Somewhere between this moment and now, something happened and you're not willing to do this again. We can't do anything about it. Thanks for hosting a round, thanks for trying. I guess some people like to host proxies, others don't. You now know you're part of the second group. Such is life.

Now, can we move on to something more positive? Please.

I'm not sure I get the comment about the cars stolen by a low life (maybe it's because English is not my first language). As for getting reimbursed for the shipping cost, you should have been, and you will be. I'm sure someone will get in touch with you to make sure you get the money back fast. Each time I've been hosting a round, I was reimbursed in a very timely manner, once I gave all the needed info to the person in charge of the proxy race finances.

Again, hosting a round of the CanAm Proxy Race is a privilege. And great fun!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:18 PM
International Racer
View Super2nr's Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgingras
The final results of Round 3 are now published on the CanAm 2012 website (www.canam2012.com). The cumulative results were also updated.

The cars are now on their way to Round 4 in Colorado and the results spreadsheet has been sent to the host, with a recommendation to use it to make the publishing of said results easier after the race.

It will probably take another round for the P cars to recover from what happened in Round 2. A GT car is still in the lead, but by only 10 meters.
Still no cars as of 3/14/12...........when were they shipped???
Old 03-15-2012, 01:22 AM
National Racer
View timkoul's Photo Album

Maybe they weren't shipped yet...
Maybe Racerdoug is waiting for his 31$...
I think we may have a problem here....
Old 03-15-2012, 02:03 AM
Championship Contender
View Fred Fries's Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by timkoul View Post
Maybe they weren't shipped yet...
Maybe Racerdoug is waiting for his 31$...
I think we may have a problem here....
that I doubt, RacerDoug's round is already over, and the cars are/were at Professor Motor's place, which has been run also, I'm sure the cars are in transit or waiting to go out soon.

Fred
Old 03-15-2012, 03:23 AM
National Racer
View timkoul's Photo Album

You're right! Racerdoug ran the 2nd round. I was confused by the fact that the conversation about the 2nd race continues inside the topic of the 3rd race....
Old 03-15-2012, 03:35 AM
Championship Contender
View Fred Fries's Photo Album

Just seems to go on and on and on
Old 03-15-2012, 04:36 AM
Championship Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super2nr View Post
Still no cars as of 3/14/12...........when were they shipped???
That's what Andy told me. I'll check with him.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:25 AM
Championship Contender

Andy just told me the cars are shipped and should get to your place at the start of next week.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:48 PM
International Racer
View 34ever1's Photo Album

Just to confirm.. Racerdoug has been personally contacted by me. I have requested that he contact Mongo to secure his $31 shipping costs. Racerdoug ran round two and did his scoring and race procedure a bit different than we are accustomed to in the CanAm.. No sin!!! He did a fine job given the information provided to him. Round three again was unique changing the race time per car. I was assured there race was run with the utmost of care to provide a level field of competition for each entry. Two races two changed formats. No harm no foul the way I see it. That being said henceforth each host will be briefed with the proper format. Super2nr is next up and anxious to get the cars.Thats the good news. Let's hope the fuse has been extinguished and we can get back to racing the way we know it should be...
Ray M.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:34 PM
Championship Contender
View Big Jack's Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34ever1 View Post
Just to confirm.. Racerdoug has been personally contacted by me. I have requested that he contact Mongo to secure his $31 shipping costs. Racerdoug ran round two and did his scoring and race procedure a bit different than we are accustomed to in the CanAm.. No sin!!! He did a fine job given the information provided to him. Round three again was unique changing the race time per car. I was assured there race was run with the utmost of care to provide a level field of competition for each entry. Two races two changed formats. No harm no foul the way I see it. That being said henceforth each host will be briefed with the proper format. Super2nr is next up and anxious to get the cars.Thats the good news. Let's hope the fuse has been extinguished and we can get back to racing the way we know it should be...
Ray M.

Old 03-16-2012, 04:08 PM
Championship Contender
View Racerdoug's Photo Album

Thanks Ray,this proxy is priviledged to have you.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:20 PM
National Racer
View RacerX132's Photo Album

Wow, I've not been following the series very closely and now im glad for it after seeing all of the ranting!

Seems we've lost touch of the fact that it's a hobby, again.....

FYI - I believe it's a privilege to have all these custom built cars grace anyone's track, albeit a great deal of work so thanks to all of the hosts this season.

Now, I'm with Christian, let's move on and get back to some racing!

Jason