MRC
AFX
Slot.it
Slot Car Illustrated Forum
Old 06-27-2012, 10:54 PM
Club Racer
View Crikey's Photo Album

Default Race night at Professors'

I never thought this many people could fit into our garage without serious bodily harm happening. Great night, thanks to all who turned up this evening.

Last edited by Crikey; 06-27-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Championship Contender
View The Professor's Photo Album

Default Round 3 NSR GT at Willow Park

What an evening, we had another garage full with 17 racers and standing room room only. We even had a one off appearance with an old face out of the PSSRA history books. Thats right extreme bus driver Mr. Minardi graced us with his presence. It was Jim's birthday so Crikey lead us in a traditional Happy Birthday song between the FLY Chevron IROC race won by Quick Vic and the feature NSR GT race headed by Professor Lite enjoying another summer racing appearance in a white Ron Fellows C6R. Kim brought cake, and a mountain of cookies, thanks to all of the generous guests who brought more food than we could eat.

I'm sure Fester will fill in the blanks on the heat action in between working on the newest venue which promises to raise the bar of PSSRA racing facilities. He was busy writing down notes but I'm not sure he will make sense of them later. I was too busy to watch many of the races getting the heat races staged and alerting the on deck drivers. It was tough getting thru a full rotation of races with such a large field but we just made our curfew.

I'm trying to convince a couple of the guys that I don't have to lift in some of the corners...

I'll keep my eyes out for some of you guys at the Pacific Raceway SOVREN historic races this weekend.
Wishing everyone a safe and happy 4th of July and we will see everyone at 132 Slotcar July 11th.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Results-IROC-6-27-2012.pdf (156.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: pdf Results-NSR GT-6-27-2012.pdf (157.5 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by The Professor; 06-27-2012 at 11:09 PM. Reason: added stuff
Old 06-28-2012, 03:41 PM
National Racer
View Fester's Photo Album

Wednesday the 27th

We raced at the Professor’s this week and a s usual Chrissy did a great job of keeping us fed and the beer was cold, so what could be wrong with this picture? The racing was great and the place was packed and I am sure John and Chrissy’s neighbors will forgive them eventually. We see more people every week and we still manage to see that everyone gets in a lot of racing and makes it out by the 10pm curfew. We do have to keep after a few to keep it moving. Actually Oops was the first to be hooked up in one heat. Of course he made up for it when we had to send out a search party for him in his next two heats. The Fly Can-Am cars we raced in IROC were a little frustrating as two were fast and two were almost impossible to drive, so that kept it interesting. The move of the evening was when our own Mr. Norman took out Andrew and Craig when he crashed in the first turn allowing Jay Mac to score a big heat win. I personally have got to the point where I think I will become the computer operator and chief scribe as all the racing is doing for me is adding up to a heap of frustration. Yea I was dead last again this week. Even I start to get a little sensitive about how bad I am. I have never cared all that much about winning, but this is just embarrassing. Have I mentioned what a great job I am doing as a track builder? I think instead of racing slot cars I will spend my time painting 1/32nd Homeys. I have promised about three different people I will help them build routed tracks. So I still may be able to redeem my place in the group. Well at least Jim’s birthday cake was good and I did enjoy a couple of beers and I have now lost at total of 40 pounds, so I am still on track there. So I guess the glass is half full. I am just not sure what it is half full of. I have three weeks off as next Wednesday is the fourth of July and the following week I will be four wheeling. so maybe the break will help.

Professor and Jay Mac are coming over tonight to help me finish up on the routing of the new track. I got four pioneer Mustangs from Professor last night a couple will go to the dirt track bomber program and a couple will be added to a Trans-Am IROC set. Thanks again John. The track project is on schedule for racing the first part of August. I am going on a strict regiment of building, tuning and practicing when the new race room is complete. Then I will be as good as I once was. Of course I was only good about once. I will keep smiling and I am sure I can count on the rest of you to do the same.

By the way Professor was right. I couldn’t figure out my notes to save my ***.

Fester
Old 06-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Championship Contender

These truely are halcyon days in the PSSRA with a real revival in spirit and sportsmanship. Just look at the pictures with all the smiles. With the new blood in the group and the desire for building new tracks we will have more tracks to race on than ever.

Have a great week off for Independence day and we'll see you at Alan's.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:03 PM
Novice Racer
View Oops-sorry's Photo Album

Jeez John, I had to google halcyon to find out what it meant. Stop using them gol dern big words will ya. bty your right.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:30 PM
National Racer

Oops
Are you going to share the meaning or what? I just didn't want to ask. I assumed it was good.

Fester
Old 06-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Novice Racer
View sweeney's Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oops-sorry View Post
Jeez John, I had to google halcyon to find out what it meant. Stop using them gol dern big words will ya. bty your right.
You should of said why yes you are correct, not oh i had to google it.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:08 PM
Championship Contender

Default PSSRA Vocabulary Lesson

I figured it was about time we worked your vocabulary!
Old 07-06-2012, 06:10 PM
Championship Contender

I had a chance last night to have a test run with Uncle Fester on the newest track addition to the PSSRA series and must say that it is going to be a great venue! Well thought out, another exemplary effort from a stalwart PSSRA contributor.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Championship Contender

Default Round 4 NSR GT

Well let start off by saying it was a HOT time at 132 Slotcar last night, both literally and figuratively. We had 17 racers show up with 16 cars last night so AJK was generous enough to share his Porsche 997 with “The Great One” Brettzky who stopped by not intending to race. We had our newest member Jim ( a transplant from Colorado) bring out his Audi R8 to battle the regulars and “Super Joe” driving an AJK prepared C6R during his “2012 Northwest Summer Tour”.

Big thanks to Alan for graciously providing some H2O to attempt to hydrate the group, who responded to this hospitality by everyone purchasing Scaleauto foam tires which give consistent grip. We will be able to use the foamies each time we visit the famed Windsor track with our cars since we always use aluminum wheels.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ResultsNSR GT7-12-2012.pdf (155.2 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by The Professor; 07-12-2012 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Too many racers to count!
Old 07-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Championship Contender
View AJK's Photo Album

A thanks to Scott for putting up all of us. It was fun doing battle with all of you boys.
And a "That a boy" to Quick Vic for his long awaited win! It's a very tough bunch of guys to do battle with. Kevin and Cody good to have you back on the windsor again it's been a few years.
Jay Mac for all the F bombs in the heat of battle. A thank you to Mr.Smith who was not there, just joking. Alan BTW my wing fell off a couple times, but I blamed it on Vic.
See all of you at Greg's next week. Get your shot glasses out!

Last edited by AJK; 07-12-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:39 AM
National Racer
View flyracing's Photo Album

Default Oops next week?

Makes my liver quiver !!!
Old 07-14-2012, 08:42 AM
National Racer
View flyracing's Photo Album

Default ????????????????

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=halcyon+days
Old 07-19-2012, 09:02 AM
Championship Contender

Default Round 5 NSR GT

Well we had a series low attendance with 14 racers arriving to have a sip of 1800 and bite of Mrs. Oops's refried bean suprise. The heat, the Sounders game, golf, and just summer business kept a few away but that's how things roll. Lots and lots of laughter and some great racing ensued. The results can be seen below. I know Fester has some great stories if he can find his pad. If not well you know the rest. Glad to see Sweendog with no lingering effects after a Jeep tumble with Fester. They are still arguing who was responsible.

See you next week at Vic's.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Results-Iroc-7-18-2012.pdf (154.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: pdf Results-NSR GT-7-18-2012.pdf (154.5 KB, 22 views)
Old 07-19-2012, 10:31 AM
National Racer

Default July 18 Greggadaga

The Professor picked me up a little late as he has listened to me and squeezed in a nap after work and before the racing. I figure as long as he had a good excuse all is well. We still got to Oops’ house in plenty of time for testing, practice and a quick refreshment or two. Oops always adds that feeling of comfort as he has tested all the liquid party favors to make sure they are safe for our consumption before we arrive. The bean dip was great, as usual. In fact it was so good that Oops may have to start making two to satisfy the demand.

We had fourteen racers, as a few were out enjoying the summer. No Andrew, Hazard, Bob or Professor lite. We missed you guys, but we do understand the need for sunshine.

We did a little F-1 racing in the IROC . It was immediately clear that Craig and Kevin were not up to the task, as even I was kicked their collective a$$es. Cody was the picture of consistency all evening and did well. Scott managed a masterful take out on Jay Mac within two inches of the start of a second segment. I was impressed with the ease with which Jay Mac took the intense disappointment. I am hopping that Jay will be able to amp up his intensity in the future. I miss the added excitement of whether Jay will suffer the big one. Vic, our own Mr. Norman and Scott were on the podium after keeping it all together for good runs among the crashers. I really didn’t see anyone who would be offered a contract with Ferrari in the near future.

Next we moved on to the real racing (the NSR GT cars). You could tell we have had a couple of races to get these car dialed in. The racing was intense with the army of Corvettes overwhelming the three Porsches and two Audis. By the way a flat black Corvette on a black track is not the hot set-up, ask Shawn and Kevin. I started to write down all the take outs but got to the point where it seemed everyone took out everyone else at least once. I did notice that Vic and Shawn need to take time to practice their genuine sorry look in front of a mirror. I also saw a lot of paybacks taking place and a good amount of laughter involved in doing so. As it turned out Jim, Jay and Craig stood proudly on the steps and sprayed the Champaign over the throngs of their adoring fans. The excitement was intense! I would have taken a full series of pictures but it turns out the batteries were dead in my camera and I wasn’t a winner of jack. So who really cares? As the Professor and I drove off we could see some of the boys arguing over who had to take the broken Ferrari home for taking third place. Well it won’t be the Professor or I basking in the glory of victory this week, but we will manage to soldier on until next week when we will have the chance to redeem ourselves.

Life is short, pull the trigger!

Fester