AFX
Slot.it
Slot Car Illustrated Forum
Old 06-12-2012, 05:25 AM
National Champion
View svanaken's Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black3sr View Post
I seldom run my Slot.Its on my home track as they are just too good and fast for enjoyable racing.
I would recommend turning down the voltage. I run slot.its all the time on my home track and the lowered voltage makes them a ton of fun to run.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:48 AM
Championship Contender
View fl_slotter's Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by svanaken View Post
I would recommend turning down the voltage. I run slot.its all the time on my home track and the lowered voltage makes them a ton of fun to run.

Ain't that the truth! At our club track we run Slot.It cars at 11.5 volts. A side benefit is the motors also seem to last much longer.

My home track is Carrera GO - 4 lane. I have used it to test my Slot.It cars prior to heading out to race at the club. I must say that is a true challenge! Kind of like driving a Fuel Funny Car around a Go-Kart track! Sharpens the skills though!
Old 06-12-2012, 06:05 AM
International Racer
View greenjo2's Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Dear Slot It, When are you going to produce some American Muscle?? You know some of us race and there's more than 2 classes, at least at my track there's 6 classes and you only make 2 of those, Classic and LMP. Our largest class is the Trans Am class, Camaro's,Mustangs Etc. we useally have 15 to 20 guys for that class and scalectric owns it. I'm guessing theres others that would love some American Muscle hum bout some
Buy a muscle car from one of the other companies that make them and then do what the rest of us do, swap out the gears, motor, wheels, guide, tires, etc. for slot-it parts. Then you've got yourself a slot-it muscle car. The market demand for different classes of cars is only so big, doesn't make much business sense for another company (slot-it) to invest in molds and tooling to try a steal market share from established producers of muscle cars.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:09 AM
Top Qualifier
View rixvette's Photo Album

Whatever fitst that wheelbase can make it a runner. NSR chassis can be trimmed a bit and might fit as well.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:21 AM
National Racer
View Burglar's Photo Album

Yeah I want a Slot.It 1956 Pops Turner Sunliner convertible that stops on a dime and handles like it's on rails
Old 06-12-2012, 06:23 AM
Championship Contender
View Modlerbob's Photo Album

On the flipside of the coin. Slot.It is not all over the spectrum with their releases and they seem to be sticking to a plan. All of their cars fit into one of three categories so you know when you buy one there will be other slot.It cars to compete with.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:24 AM
National Racer
View Oscar Racing's Photo Album

I would like to see the corvette for their Modern le mans series, that would add some American Muscle flavor to thier line-up. What I don't want to see is 75 different styles/designs etc...
Keeping the focus on the high quailty, better racing (chassis/pods/motors/etc...) designs, and fair prices is why people (I) will continue to buy, go for the quick buck or chasing the buck and we are doomed...But if they made trans am series cars I would be all-in....
Old 06-12-2012, 06:28 AM
Championship Contender
View fl_slotter's Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjo2 View Post
Buy a muscle car from one of the other companies that make them and then do what the rest of us do, swap out the gears, motor, wheels, guide, tires, etc. for slot-it parts. Then you've got yourself a slot-it muscle car. The market demand for different classes of cars is only so big, doesn't make much business sense for another company (slot-it) to invest in molds and tooling to try a steal market share from established producers of muscle cars.

greenjo2,

I had a situation where a friend of mine gave me a Fly Porsche 917 Turbo body that I really like. I could have build a scratchbuilt chassis for it, but I opted for one of the HRS2 chassis to put under the car. The chassis is wheelbase adjustable and comes with body mounts that are super simple to mount just about anything on. Here are a couple of photos:

I'm sure a NASCAR type body can be mounted on this chassis. It opens up a whole new world to making a car that you really want. Right now I'm looking for a couple of 1/32 models to build - Trans-Am perhaps?
Old 06-12-2012, 07:06 AM
Championship Contender
View slot.it's Photo Album

Hi there.
Thanks for the suggestion... Actually I can't comment too much on future cars, but consider that our classics are so far Italian, or US made (GT40, 2E), and the next one will be probably well received in the USA too...

As for US muscle cars, currently no plans. We can't fight on too many fronts, and we have got already 4 product lines (Classics, Gr.Cs, 90's GTs, modern LMPs)

Regards
Maurizio
Old 06-12-2012, 07:12 AM
Top Qualifier
View Jerry LaGesse's Photo Album

touchete , maurizio .

jer
Old 06-12-2012, 07:18 AM
Club Racer
View Wildcat's Photo Album

Please understand I was not bashing Slot It. I love the ones I have. Can a Scalelectric body be fabricated to handle a slot it classes? Or do I use the chassis and swap motors and what else would have to be changed? I love painting and decaling my cars but fabricating I suck. Lol
Old 06-12-2012, 08:02 AM
Championship Contender
View TransIssues's Photo Album

Quote:
I'm sure a NASCAR type body can be mounted on this chassis.
In either SW or AW!

And the chassis allow you to try all kinds of pods!

Wildcat, as far as using Slot.it parts in a Scaley:

The #7 is running with a Slot.it guide (B-NOVA adapter too), Orange motor, axle kit (axle, gear, bushings) and braid. All of which make these type of cars FLY!!!!

Check out some of their axle kits, a great way to get the parts you need at a good price.

Cheers!
Paul
Old 06-12-2012, 08:36 AM
National Racer
View roger_elliott's Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlong View Post
I don't think the intent is to trash Slot.it. We're saying Slot.it makes great cars, please make more. If you like American muscle but favor Slot.it quality, well there isn't much of a choice.

I would love to see a Tom Daniel series based on the legendary Monogram kits. The Badman, Badnews, Garbage Truck, etc. Probably up Carrera's alley. But then re-couping the tooling would be a crap shoot.
Did you say Tom Daniel?!?! Oh man, I remember as a kid having most of all the crazy rods that guy designed as models on my shelf. I would love to see a T'rantula slot car or how about the Beer Wagon? Cool!

Roger
Old 06-12-2012, 09:02 AM
Top Qualifier
View Jerry LaGesse's Photo Album

not to bash anyones idea . please maurizio do not do these cars . save that build $ for the much needed current/updated 2D . let the guys who have to have those cars , use an hrs2 . thank you !

jer

by the by , and , come-on , what would you race the beer wagon against , the munster mobile ?
Old 06-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Top Qualifier
View greenman62's Photo Album

Y'know, anything is possible for the builder. The nice thing about Slotit is they make it possible to "build" anything you want, with their components... which are about the best. I have cars that range from 1930 Mille Miglia racers

to 1970s Interseries (Can am type cars in Europe) all of them have major Slotit components in them.

I would be interested in what you all think Slotit "the factory" looks like. C'mon... don't be shy... let us all know.

Anyone who actually knows or has been there keep yer trap shut.

I'll fill you in when I think enough people have made their guesses...

Greenman62