View Chapman's Photo Album

Default New manufacturer: SRC, Slot Racing Company

;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by a generally reliable and well-informed source

HERE COMES THE 70’S F1

SRC is born, Slot Racing Company

Starting in October with the two first models

We had heard some rumor, but until to be able to provide the information there are the some confirmation steps. Today it’s apt for publication. In brief days will be announced a new slot car brand, 1:32 scale, born from the union of a group of persons largely related to the business sector and with a common interest within the real racing motor world.

SRC, Slot Racing Company, has a viability plan that goes beyond a passionate adventure and even a well structured marketing plan that allows having been working in silence until can announce shortly both, the configuration of its range and even uncover the two first models that will appear October,… or the five items that are expected until end of the year.

SRC have two different product lines but always maintaining the same philosophy. A high quality product, with very close to the Die Cast standards of reproduction and fidelity. Two lines that are mark by the construction processes. A first line devoted to 70's F1 cars, resin made in 1:32 scale with high-level details and finishes, and a plastic line also at the 1:32th, with fidelity of reproduction very strict and covering both classic and contemporary models.

We can not uncover yet the models with which will start its life SRC, which certainly will establish brochures from July to July, but the cars elected will surprise more than one slot fan. An international marketing vision with worldwide renowned models.

Furthermore SRC, Slot Racing Company, presents an interesting newness for all slot enthusiasts. A universal frame adaptable to F1 cars as GT cars, designed for motorizing every resin model.

If we can not reveal any model nor resin or plastic range, but we can move forward that in the plastic models will prevail over all the faithfulness of reproduction, which has forced SRC to consider the mechanics in sidewinder position.

SRC made us know that the product that arrive in stores before the next campaign, will do it with competitive prices in both the range of F1 GT resin as in the classical and modern plastic.

SRC will emit shortly a official Press Release providing complete information about both the Company and their catalog for 2012-2013.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:54 PM
SCI Moderator
View Wet Coast Racer's Photo Album

Unless I'm very much mistaken, said source must surely be that most excellent blog, Slot Car Today!

Thanks for the news, this will undoubtedly create excitement amongst the vintage F1 crowd.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:53 AM
International Racer
View s.o.f.'s Photo Album

Very cool. It was a great era. (March 711 please.)
Old 07-19-2012, 06:33 AM
Championship Contender
View MRollingthunder's Photo Album

Can I put in my vote for a car nobody has ever produced as a a 1/32 slot car..but sold in the hundreds of thousands world wide and won thousands of races? A MK1 Capri (1969-1975) in its stock form (not the wide bodied Carrera version).

Old 07-19-2012, 06:39 AM
World Champion
View ElSecundo's Photo Album

Vintage GP? Count me in!
Old 07-19-2012, 06:42 AM
National Champion
View DaveKennedy's Photo Album

Well you're nothing if not consistent Don....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRollingthunder View Post
Can I put in my vote for a car nobody has ever produced as a a 1/32 slot car..but sold in the hundreds of thousands world wide and won thousands of races? A MK1 Capri (1969-1975) in its stock form (not the wide bodied Carrera version).

Old 07-19-2012, 07:04 AM
Top Qualifier
View Jerry LaGesse's Photo Album

thats for sure , capri on the brain , big time . i still am lookin` forward to the "generic" F1 to come from osterero . i like this as i have tried over and over to have a pair of F1 cars that can take bein` raced . will wait and see just what this new venture brings us . how `bout a surtees and hesketh for the first pair ?

jer
Old 07-19-2012, 07:21 AM
Championship Contender
View Marcus Antilles's Photo Album

Does this line:
"A universal frame adaptable to F1 cars as GT cars, designed for motorizing every resin model."

Mean that they will have one chassis that they intend to use for all thier models, be they GT or F1? If so it is quite interesting and I will look forward to seeing it.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:53 AM
Championship Contender
View sacesta's Photo Album

Old 07-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Championship Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKennedy View Post
Well you're nothing if not consistent Don....
What can I say! I nagged you for two years before you brought in the wide body Capri...and it worked!

You don't want to know how many $$$$$ I've spent on getting multiple copies of every version of the Carrera, Fly and Scalextric versions, and how many $$$$ I've had to spend on MRRC cars to pirate the Sebring Chassis for my resin casts.

And I don't know how many raw resin casts I've given away or running cars with the resin bodies I've produced on request...

But I will never be as happy as I would be if I could just order a beautiful ready to run plastic body with the detail afforded by Carrera, Fly, Scalextric or some one else.

By the way, why so many manufacturers that make the BMW 2002 in stock form? I can't figure out why they don't make the equally (or more so, considering the shorter number of years in production) popular Capri? Both were German made (although the Capri was also made in England, Belgium and the Perana "assembled" in South Africa) and exported world wide. So the numbers are comparable, if you add in the BMW 200 series.
Production Figures
(1966−72) 2000 143.464
(1965−69) 2000 C/CS 11.720
(1966−76) 02 series 861.940
(1973−74) 2002 turbo 1.672

According to the Mk1 Capri Registry: 1,000,000.00 Capris were sold between March 1969 and August 1973! The Mk1 officially went out of production (supplanted by the hatchback MK2 and MK3 versions)
in December of 1973, but were sold as 1974 model years. if you consider all Capri's built on the same chassis/platform design from 1969-1986 the total is 1,886,647

So, consider yourself nagged again! When is Carrera going to relent to my unrelenting barrage of nagging and produce a stock body!!!

Last edited by MRollingthunder; 07-19-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:01 PM
National Champion
View DaveKennedy's Photo Album

This is a thread for another brand and it's not fair to threadjack it. If you'd like to start a thread in the Carrera forum, feel free to "nag" me there
Old 07-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Championship Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKennedy View Post
This is a thread for another brand and it's not fair to threadjack it. If you'd like to start a thread in the Carrera forum, feel free to "nag" me there
They were looking for suggestions.....so I offered one!

I wouldn't mind seeing a universal/adjustable ready to run f1/open wheel chassis that could be used under any of the old rear engine era cars from the 1960's. Although I just started a Lotus 25 prototype brass and piano wire proxy racer...it would have made life easier!

Don M
Old 07-19-2012, 12:08 PM
Championship Contender
View The Professor's Photo Album

Great news VERY interested
Old 07-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Championship Contender
View Modlerbob's Photo Album

It seemed rather vague concerning what other than 70s-80s F1 cars they will be making but I'll be looking forward to seeing their product lineup and the pricing. saying their pricing will be in the range of current resin models is a little scary if the cars they are referring to come from racer.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:40 PM
National Racer
View Morse's Photo Album

This could be awesome. Please make these adaptable for non-magnet racers.